5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 7:20 PM by A.T. Romano

will not deselect Photoshop elements

martha Rosenberg

I am not low on memory but on both of my Mac laptops (pro and air) when I move an object it continues to move with the beach ball going. THERE IS NO WAY TO DESELECT IT.

It acts like I am out of memory and will move right across the screen and off the file. I cannot stop it. I have tried manually moving the object with click by click with incremental cursor  moves but it takes FOREVER. I have used PS elements for ten years and do graphic design for a living. Thus this is killing me. Until this began happening option D deselected. PLEASE HELP

• 1. Re: will not deselect Photoshop elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Martha Rosenberg

What program as you using Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements? Option D sounds like Photoshop Elements Mac. If that is the case, you have posted your thread in the wrong forum. Some how your thread got posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (video editing).

If it is as I suspect, please re-post your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum to take advantage of the specialized expertise there. Photoshop Elements

There seems little that I can tell you here if you have been working with the Photoshop Elements products for 10 years. Have you gone the classic route of deleting the settings file for the Photoshop Elements editor? You talk about

when I move an object it continues to move with the beach ball going. THERE IS NO WAY TO DESELECT IT.

If your thread could possibly be about Motion Tracking in a Premiere Elements video presentation, then please give details here

so that we can find the solution. Even if I were to take this on as a Photoshop Elements question, more details are needed about your program and what you are doing. I seem to get the message about that deselect in Photoshop Elements Editor is not working but I am not sure of the surrounding details. If it were not for some other of your details, I would suggest that you had a pending commitment (text or otherwise) which was preventing, what you seem to seek, the deletion of a selection.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: will not deselect Photoshop elements
            martha Rosenberg Level 1

thanks! i will put in the right forum

• 3. Re: will not deselect Photoshop elements
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Martha Rosenberg

Thanks for the follow up.

Hope the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum has the answers you seek.

I do not work in Photoshop Elements to the extent that I do in Premiere Elements. But, depending on your troubleshooting progress, I will think about this some more based on whatever additional details that you supply.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: will not deselect Photoshop elements
                martha Rosenberg Level 1

Thanks AT I think my troubles started when I upgraded PSE 10 to Yosemite. I wonder if I need to reinstall

• 5. Re: will not deselect Photoshop elements
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Martha Rosenberg

The reinstall sounds like a good idea if any user custom items are protected beforehand.

I do not think that I would move to El Capitan at this time. But, I am strictly an Elements Windows person so I cannot speak to that.

ATR