5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 9:55 PM by A.T. Romano

Why does Premier Elements freeze at 4% when burning a DVD or .ISO image?

donb85073146

Why does Premier Elements freeze at 4% when burning a DVD or .ISO image?

• 1. Re: Why does Premier Elements freeze at 4% when burning a DVD or .ISO image?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

donb

What version of Premiere Elements, and what computer operating system?

What is the video card/graphics card that your computer uses?

Please determine if the burn to disc will go to a successful conclusion with or without a check mark next to the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 or newer)". See Edit Menu/Preferences/General for set status of this preference.

Depending on the results from above, we will plan appropriate troubleshooting strategy.

Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why does Premier Elements freeze at 4% when burning a DVD or .ISO image?
            donb85073146 Level 1

Version 14.1 and Windows 8. I've successfully burned DVDs, Blu Rays, and Iso images before, and have not changed or updated anything on my computer and now suddenly it won't burn a 1.07 GB DVD or ISO. I've about had it with Adobe products

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: Why does Premier Elements freeze at 4% when burning a DVD or .ISO image?
              donb85073146 Level 1

Now the program won't even load... It gets hung up on "LoadingExporterQuickTimeHost.pm"

Sent from my iPhone

• 4. Re: Why does Premier Elements freeze at 4% when burning a DVD or .ISO image?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

donb

Do not be discouraged. Let us explore some troubleshooting possibilities if your time permits.

Given that you have successfully burned DVDs, Blu-Rays, and iso images before. Have you done that with this particular setup of Premiere Elements 14.1 on Window 8 (assumed 64 bit)? When was the last time that you could do that?

What were your answers to my questions

What is the video card/graphics card that your computer uses?

Please determine if the burn to disc will go to a successful conclusion with or without a check mark next to the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 or newer)". See Edit Menu/Preferences/General for set status of this preference.

The answers will be in the details.

At this time, is your issue confined to one particular projects or do you have multiple new project behaving like this?

Please consider. I will revisit your thread in the morning morning to read of your details for troubleshooting or your decision to seek alternative video editor.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Why does Premier Elements freeze at 4% when burning a DVD or .ISO image?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

donb

I did not see your post 3 until I had replied post 4.

I ran into that LoadingExporterQuickTimeHost. with one of a Windows 10 64 bit computer with Premiere Elements 14. Very annoying, but...

a. I had installed QuickTime 7.7.7. I uninstalled that and installed QuickTime 7.7.6.

b. Then I right click ed the desktop icon for Premiere Elements 14, select and applied Run As Administrator (I am also running the program as administrator from user account with administrative privileges.)

c. Finally got beyond that LoadingExporterQuickTime Host to get into the project.

What do your computer resources look like? The computer that I was using in this situation was on the low side.

More information in the morning morning.

Thanks for exploring the comments.

ATR

Add On...I notice that you are using Premiere Elements 14.1. Since 14.1 is new, proceed with caution until more is known about the update. Depending on how the troubleshooting goes, you may want to consider reverting to 14. But, lots more details to sort through before going that route.