3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 5:48 AM by A.T. Romano

Why is Sharpening (or Anti-Aliasing) in Premiere Elements for Windows only??? Mac is left out!

Starving Rtist

I almost bought Adobe Premiere Elements 14, but I read the manual first and it says Sharpening(Anti-Aliasing) is Windows only. What kind of non sense is this? Sounds like discrimination to me. So Mac users pay the same price but get an inferior product??? Can someone tell me what's going on?

• 1. Re: Why is Sharpening (or Anti-Aliasing) in Premiere Elements for Windows only??? Mac is left out!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

starving rtist

This is not Adobe. Rather essentially a user to user forum.

You should contact Adobe direct concerning your problems with its feature set for its projects.

This matter of Windows only for Premiere Elements has been a long standing matter for many versions - way before you made the decision to purchase your Adobe product.

You might want to look into filing the Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Forum to voice your comments to Adobe on this matter.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

At this time, do you have any Premiere Elements workflow troubleshooting that you would like help with? That I can do for you.

As a user of the programs with no affiliation with Adobe and no inside information on Adobe decisions, I cannot help you.

ATR

Add On...If you purchased Premiere Elements 14 Mac from Adobe as download, you have 14 days to request return/refund.

Please refer to the following link for details on that. https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/return-cancel-or-change-order.html

• 2. Re: Why is Sharpening (or Anti-Aliasing) in Premiere Elements for Windows only??? Mac is left out!
            Starving Rtist Level 1

Thank you for your information ATR.

I understand this is an user forum, I was hoping someone would know the answer besides Adobe. It is my experience that most of the time these large companies don't respond to individual emails unless it's a critial issue. I did sent an email to Adobe directly and awaiting for response.

I haven't bought the Premiere Elements 14 yet, I will probably purchase the DVD so that I can install on both a PC and a Mac to maximize the functionality. I don't mind using it on PC, I just really want to know why Mac user are being left out when Mac users have been a big part of the Adobe's business lifeline.

Hopefully someone or Adobe will get back to me on this issue. I have searched all over the internet and Adobe forums; only the same question was asked over and over but no answer.

• 3. Re: Why is Sharpening (or Anti-Aliasing) in Premiere Elements for Windows only??? Mac is left out!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Starving Rtist

Thanks for the follow up.

I am strictly an Elements Windows users, but I have often wondered if there was a Mac technical challenge involved with the Premiere Elements Windows Only. Most of the time the Windows Only feature brought up relates to the absence of some green screening keys in Mac. Over the versions, the situation has remained the same.

Good plan, the boxed purchasing to get an installation disc for each of Windows and Mac all in one purchase. But, I would suggest that you look at the free 30 days tryout from Adobe before purchase to assure the compatibility of the program with your computer environment and project goals. Now there is only a "within 14 days of purchase" for Adobe return/refund when you purchase from Adobe. If you purchase elsewhere you will be governed by the return/refund policy of the seller. The latter will apply to you if you want the installation discs. Adobe direct sells only the download.

Best wishes with whatever your video editing decisions are.

ATR