3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2009 1:47 PM by Newsgroup_User

Flex Component Kit utilizing AS3 Interfaces

jeffreypritchard
      Hi,
      I'm having an issue with accessing a method of a flex component (created in flash CS3) when I type the event.currentTarget to an AS3 interface. To test what I'm trying to do, I've added a simple click event handler. Now I can get the code to run if reference the event.currentTarget like I do in the first example below (by referencing the e.currentTarget. Card , but I can't understand why referencing e.currentTarget throws an error.

The component is the MCU and it has a child instance named "Card", which is of type CardTemplate_double.

I know this is a long winded question, but it seems that this code should work. Any help is appreciated

• 1. Re: Flex Component Kit utilizing AS3 Interfaces
          Level 7

"jkpritchard" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gn3uc9$l5$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          > I'm having an issue with accessing a method of a flex component (created
          > in
          > flash CS3) when I type the event.currentTarget to an AS3 interface. To
          > test
          > what I'm trying to do, I've added a simple click event handler. Now I can
          > get
          > the code to run if reference the event.currentTarget like I do in the
          > first
          > example below (by referencing the e.currentTarget. Card , but I
          > can't
          > understand why referencing e.currentTarget throws an error.
          >
          > The component is the MCU and it has a child instance named "Card", which
          > is of
          > type CardTemplate_double.
          >
          > I know this is a long winded question, but it seems that this code should
          > work. Any help is appreciated
          >

This isn't using a Flash Component, but between the regular Flash part and
          the Flex part, you should be able to see the general gist of things. If
          not, I'll try to add a Blusher that's a Flash component over the weekend.

http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2009/01/example-of-casting-contets-of-swfloader.html

• 2. Re: Flex Component Kit utilizing AS3 Interfaces
            jeffreypritchard Level 1
            Thanks very much for taking the time to respond, Amy.

Our corporate network is blocking me from viewing that site, more than likely because of the 'blogspot' portion on the url. It comes up as a "Social Networking or Personal Site".

I'm the only Flash/Flex developer at my company, so you can imagine how much I rely on the knowledge of others such as yourself to get answers and/or references quickly, but this new web-monitoring nonsense is making my job twice as difficult.

But thanks anyway.

• 3. Re: Flex Component Kit utilizing AS3 Interfaces
              Level 7

"jkpritchard" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gn47n3$c7j$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Thanks very much for taking the time to respond, Amy.
              >
              > Our corporate network is blocking me from viewing that site, more than
              > likely
              > because of the 'blogspot' portion on the url. It comes up as a "Social
              > Networking or Personal Site".
              >
              > I'm the only Flash/Flex developer at my company, so you can imagine how
              > much I
              > rely on the knowledge of others such as yourself to get answers and/or
              > references quickly, but this new web-monitoring nonsense is making my job
              > twice
              > as difficult.

Try this
              http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com/flex_examples/InterfaceExample