5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 10:46 AM by trshaner

LR 6.3 advertised features

thefrenchguy photography

I just purchased LR 6 and updated to 6.3 immediately but got a surprise. When I looked at the list of features (what's new - see snapshot below) I was convinced that the dehaze feature was part of it but could not see it anywhere in the effects module. After more search on the site I found out it's only available in the CC version. This seems to be a little marketing misleading information that is on the official Adobe page. It is listed as a new feature but somewhere else it said it's not there. I am hoping that Adobe will correct this soon and give us an updated version to correct this "marketing glitch".

Adobe LR 6 features.JPG

• 1. Re: LR 6.3 advertised features
          dj_paige Level 9

At that web page, if you click on DeHaze, it says that it is only available in Lightroom CC 2015.1

So, the information is there. Could it have been presented better? Yes.

Is Adobe going to "correct this marketing glitch" by adding this feature to Lightroom 6? I wouldn't expect that at all.

• 2. Re: LR 6.3 advertised features
            Keith_Reeder Level 4

That's a pretty abysmally misleading page.

Adobe really isn't very good at clearly presenting information, is it?

It does however, tend to confirm what I've suggested before about conspiracy theories that Adobe is trying to "drive" people onto CC by making it hard to track down the standalone licence option. Adobe isn't conspiring; it just has incompetent web designers and content writers.

• 3. Re: LR 6.3 advertised features
              dj_paige Level 9

Keith_Reeder wrote:

It does however, tend to confirm what I've suggested before about conspiracy theories that Adobe is trying to "drive" people onto CC by making it hard to track down the standalone licence option. Adobe isn't conspiring; it just has incompetent web designers and content writers.

... and incompetent reviewers and editors ... which can happen if the web designers and writers and editors aren't product experts. I think any of the MVPs in this forum would have caught this and asked for it to be clarified.

• 4. Re: LR 6.3 advertised features
                Keith_Reeder Level 4

Yep, that too.

I'd be bounced from a*sehole to coffee time if I published something as badly written and misleading.

• 5. Re: LR 6.3 advertised features
                  trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

dj_paige wrote:

Keith_Reeder wrote:

... and incompetent reviewers and editors ... which can happen if the web designers and writers and editors aren't product experts. I think any of the MVPs in this forum would have caught this and asked for it to be clarified.

I worked in technical product marketing for over 20 years, most recently as an Intel Embedded Solutions and Microsoft Windows Embedded partner. They are no better at "getting it 100% right" when it comes to Web based content. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom represents a very small part of Adobe's bottom-line profit. So how much money do you budget for supporting the product? I'm not saying this is an excuse for inaccurate or misleading Web content, but a reality of business economics. In addition it's a rarity Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Web designers have a consensus of agreement on Web content.

This begs the question of how much longer Adobe can justify the expense of supporting LR as two separate products (perpetual license and CC). If and when that ends I sincerely hope Adobe offers LR as a separate CC product priced appropriately.  There's a large customer base that has neither the need nor desire to learn how to use Photoshop.