5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2015 1:09 PM by Tanuj Sandal

Lightroom 6.0 updates in Windows 10

petec63774588

My 5 year old laptop died so I purchased a new one. It has windows 10.  I have re-installed Lightroom 6.0 (standalone). Lightroom runs and when I go to help> updates, the Adobe Application Manager launches. In the middle it shows “Checking for updates” with the little spinning indicator underneath spinning. I let it sit there for almost an hour, and it was still spinning.

I’ve tried with and without the firewall on, and disabled real time scanning in anti-virus. No Luck

I then downloaded the updates from Adobe’s website. I unzip the package, I run AdobePatchInstaller that is in the folder, it opens the Adobe Applications Manager and then nothing happens.

When I open task manager It shows Adobe Application Manager (32 bit) in there and does not say it’s not running. But nothing happens. I’ve also tried using the Troubleshoot compatibility feature and tried all the available options to run the program there. Also with no success.

Computer I am trying to set this up on is:

Asus ROG G752VT-RH71

Intel® Core™ i7 6700HQ Processor

16 DDR4 2133 MHz SDRAM

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX970M with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM

1TB HDD 7200 RPM

Windows 10 Home

I am wondering if the update program is not compatible with the 64 bit environment since in the task manager it shows up as 32 bit.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks