2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 9:18 AM by Rick Gerard

AE Effect - Objects appear natural

anastazjas16052029

Hello everybody, i'm searching fr a effet ( you can see it in min 0:55 in this video: What To Wear When You're LATE - YouTube ) can anybody help me? I can't find any tutorials or even the name of this technique.

• 1. Re: AE Effect - Objects appear natural
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are a number of ways you could do this and different angles are probably done different ways.

You could have someone in a green morph suite wearing the clothes and have them get pulled on with string.

You could do a 3d cloth simulation.

You could do a regular person wearing the clothes and have them get pulled on.

You would then use masking, distortion, etc. to help sell the effect.

• 2. Re: AE Effect - Objects appear natural
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You set that up in with pre-production planning. As Szalam said, there are lots of ways. I would lock off the camera, shoot the leg with the pant leg all the way up, then shoot the legs with the pant legs all the way down, then do some roto in post to cut out the pant legs in the down position and animate a position change to create the movement. Another option would be to attach black carpet thread to the bottom of the pant legs and pull them down and shoot stop motion or time remap in post. This kind of trick would be very difficult if you already had the shot and you didn't carefully plan how you were going to create the effect.

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 9.15.37 AM.png