3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 6:44 AM by Flomotion70

output paths are not recognized anymore from older AE file

Flomotion70

Hi,

I'm on AE CC2015 (13.6). Now I'm asked to change an old AE file made in AE 11.

It's part of a production pipeline where we have over 100 comps rendered to specific paths.

The issue is that the output path isn't recognized anymore. After manually setting it to the correct output path I notice a difference in notation.

Is there a way to correct the output paths automatically? Because it would take a very long time to do it manually.

thanks!

Floris

• 1. Re: output paths are not recognized anymore from older AE file
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I'm not clear what you are asking. Everything seems just fine. Those placeholders were introduced to facilitate exactly the kind of workflow you are describing...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: output paths are not recognized anymore from older AE file
            Flomotion70 Level 1

thanks for your response.

The problem is that AE doesn't recognize the path. And I think the problem is because of the path with '\shirt_[#####].jpg' at the end. I think AE interprets it as being a folder instead of it being the filename.And therefore sais the path is incorrect.

I'm currently looking at the 'change render locations' script to see if I can alter that to fix my problem. But if anyone else has an easier solution.. please let me know.

• 3. Re: output paths are not recognized anymore from older AE file
              Flomotion70 Level 1

ok, I fixed it creating this script. If anyone ever runs into the same problem:

{

// Change Render Locations.jsx

//

// This script prompts the user for a new output folder to use for queued items in the Render Queue.

function ChangeRenderLocations()

{

var scriptName = "Correct output path";

//var newLocation = Folder.selectDialog("Select a render output folder...");

app.beginUndoGroup(scriptName);

// Process all render queue items whose status is set to Queued.

for (i = 1; i <= app.project.renderQueue.numItems; ++i) {

var curItem = app.project.renderQueue.item(i);

if (curItem.status == RQItemStatus.QUEUED) {

// Change all output modules for the current render queue item.

for (j = 1; j <= curItem.numOutputModules; ++j) {

var curOM = curItem.outputModule(j);

var oldLocation = curOM.file;

var path = oldLocation.toString();

var fileName = oldLocation.name.toString();

var pathEnd = path.length - fileName.length -2;

var newLocation = path.substr(0,pathEnd);

curOM.file = new File(newLocation);

}

}

app.endUndoGroup();

}

}

ChangeRenderLocations();

}