3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 6:38 AM by Rick Gerard

CC Bend It Effect anchors don't rotate?

Gespinha Level 1

Hi there,

I've got an image and I'm using the "CC Bend It" effect in After Effects CC 2014. I have animated and changed the bend Start and End anchors and they work fine, but as I convert this image to Vector Shapes, the Start and End anchors stopped rotating along with the shape rotation.

How can I make them rotate with the whole shape as before?

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: CC Bend It Effect anchors don't rotate?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Effects operate on pixels, not the vector data. They do not respond to things liek shaper layer group parameters, only the parent layer. Your approach is flawed.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: CC Bend It Effect anchors don't rotate?
            Gespinha Level 1

I was trying to convert it to vector shapes just to get that crisp look of the vector.

I am importing an illustrator file into After Effects, but it looks kind of blurry, what can I do to improve the resolution upon importing?

• 3. Re: CC Bend It Effect anchors don't rotate?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are importing illustrator files to AE and you scale them up you must turn on Continuous Rasterization. There is no reason to covert vector layers to shape layers unless you need to use the shape layer animators like "Trim Paths" or "Repeater". If you do need to convert Illustrator layers to shapes the only animations that will be applied to the new shape layers are the basic transform properties of Anchor Point, Position, Scale, Rotation and Opacity.

If you absolutely must convert your AI layers to shape layers and you want to apply distortion effects then you need to apply the effect to the shape layer after it is created. Effects will not come across..

I'm not sure what kind of content you created in Illustrator but here are a few guidelines.

1. Your Illustrator must contain only one artboard and it must contain all artwork that you want to be visible in After Effects. Any art outside or cut off by the artboard will be cropped
              2. Objects created in Illustrator should be the size you want them to be in AE. One point = one pixel
              3. When creating thin lines or fine detail it is important to have Pixel preview and snap to pixel turned on
              4. It is best to have all of the objects in Illustrator be an even number of points (pixels) high and wide. This is very important with thin lines. A 1 point line will be positioned on the half pixel in a standard comp (all standard video frames are even numbers) and will there fore be interpreted and softened as the single point line is overlaid on the pixel grid. To be same make sure all of your strokes are 2 points (pixels) or more.
              5. If you are laying out a large scene in Illustrator then make the artboard very large in AI, import as a comp, then resize the comp in AE and adjust the frame rate to match your project. If you are doing video use only the standard presets that use Square Pixels. If you Composition Settings panel shows Custom in the preset field then you must know exactly what you are doing and why you are doing it.