0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 9:18 AM by MickLLF

Indesign CC 2015 docs intermittent read-only

MickLLF

Evening all, I hope someone can help.

I currently manage a network of over 150 macs all running Mac OS 10.9.5 through to 10.11.2.  These all also run CC 2015, Universal Type Client 5.2.1 etc.  They connect to various file shares on a single server, running Windows Server 2008 R2.  The vast majority connect over AFP using Acronis Access Connect 10.0.2 (formally ExtremeZ-IP) but the latter macs we've left to connect using the default SMB share option.

Recently we have been seeing lots of issues where Indesign docs that have just been written to and saved, suddenly becoming read-only.  This occurs on both afp and smb shares and the file is read-only to the last person to edit the doc or any of their colleagues.  The only way round it we have seen is to save a different version and carry on with that.  When opening the file on a mac I can see and Indesign lock file being created but it then vanishes in front of your eyes and the file displays read-only.  Any file you open and the lock file remains appears to be fine.

All of these macs also run Sophos endpoint protection 9.2.8.  I disabled on access scanning as a test but the issue remains.

Any ideas?