5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 1:42 PM by Kenny Shutterbug

how do you fine tune adjust the noise reduction in lightroom mobile?

Kenny Shutterbug Level 1

Currently it only provides low/med/high, but a low of 25 is VERY aggressive. I find that I rarely need anything beyond 10 to 25 or the images gets too "muddy". Why not just provide the same level control as in the desktop version (just like nearly every other adjustment in lightroom mobile). Honestly, the same goes for vignetting and a few other effects. I get the preset idea seems to make it seem "simpler" and quicker and more "mobile", but it really isn't and only serves to make it more inconsistent with the desktop version that we are all familiar with.

Kenny

• 1. Re: how do you fine tune adjust the noise reduction in lightroom mobile?
          john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You don't, not really. LrMobile is most suitable for rough adjustments about the same level as Quick Develop, not fine tuning. Later, with overall adjustments done, you can then devote your time at the desktop, in front of a colour managed screen, to fine tuning.

• 2. Re: how do you fine tune adjust the noise reduction in lightroom mobile?
            Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi Kenny,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

As of now, there are only presets available for noise reduction.

I would request you to click the below link to provide a feature request.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

~Mrinmay

• 3. Re: how do you fine tune adjust the noise reduction in lightroom mobile?
              Kenny Shutterbug Level 1

yeah, thank you, I figured that was the design idea in the beginning, but honestly, working on mobile has advanced so rapidly that this is really quickly becoming an outdated idea. I find more and more that I really hardly need to do anything at all on the desktop (except to correct for these shortcomings that are rapidly disappearing... just this week, they added full point tone curve editing and split toning... and these are WAY more advanced than changing low/med/high into a slider like nearly every other option in mobile).

I'll add the feature request

Kenny

• 4. Re: how do you fine tune adjust the noise reduction in lightroom mobile?
                Kenny Shutterbug Level 1

Is that feature request form legit? it wants me to login, but it doesn't look like an adobe site. I don't think it is safe to enter my login info in that. How do I even know that this is from an Adobe employee. Any chance you can point to where I can get to that feature request page from an actual adobe site?

sorry for the skepticism, but this is the most common form of phishing.

but this is what I would add for this feature request:

Simple features to add to Lightroom Mobile

- Sync presets to desktop version. Mobile already provides a whole presets tab, but you don't have access to the ones provided by desktop or ones created by the user on desktop.

- Allow creation of custom presets that can be sync'd back to the desktop too.

- change low/med/high options into dials just like nearly every other adjustment in mobile (for example, noise reduction and vignetting). The low/med/high isn't any more efficient, clean, or quick and only makes the interface inconsistent with itself and with the desktop version.

- with that being said, I kind of hate the sliders as implemented because my OCD side wants exposure to be exactly some fraction of a stop, etc, so some form of grid snapping or working in stops would be wonderful (just an option in the lightroom mobile preferences). Every slide could easily have some whole number or a set number of steps that nearly every user wants to work in (temp and tint are other good examples).

- Remove double-tapping to reset on the actual increase/decrease points!! You can not rapidly increase in fixed steps because it always resets. This just causes frustration at the moment you are working smoothly and quickly. Just have double-tap on the button itself to reset, that is more than adequate, very intuitive and consistent with everything else in lightroom (desktop and mobile), and never results in constant mistakingly resetting when you want to move a little more quickly. Moving the slider to be quick isn't an option either because "fine-tuning" takes even longer when I just want "+10" for example.

Thank you,

Kenny

• 5. Re: how do you fine tune adjust the noise reduction in lightroom mobile?
                  Kenny Shutterbug Level 1

I found my way to that same link from Lightroom's main site. Thanks! I

submitted the feature request

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Mrinmay Majhi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>