1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 2:20 PM by Szalam

Is there anyway to upgrade my after effects cs5.5 to cs6? I don't want the CC stuff.

DuhLuai

I want to upgrade my program and after looking through the adobe site, I have not found a way to do that.

• 1. Re: Is there anyway to upgrade my after effects cs5.5 to cs6? I don't want the CC stuff.
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think you're missing out by not going with CC. Not only are there some really nice features introduced since CS6 (and really solid performance through CC 2014 on my Windows 7 machine), but you miss out on TypeKit, Libraries, and the interplay of the mobile apps (which are underrated, in my opinion). I work a lot faster even in the first CC version of AE (12.2) than I did in CS6.

Remember, a Creative Cloud subscription gets you access to CS6, CC, CC 2014, and CC 2015 too. So you can use whatever works best on your system.

If you really, really want to buy CS6, you can do it by calling Adobe according to this page. I believe the number is 800-585-0774 if you're in the USA.

Don't expect it to work on every newer operating system either. So, if it works, don't update your system!