3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2009 12:36 PM by RoboWizard

Single Click a Book to display html assigned

MEP45 Level 1
      Hi,

I have a book which has an HTML file attached to it. How do I set this so that when a user just clicks the book the topic linked to it opens? It appears right now my users are having to double-click it. But topics underneath are all single click.

Thanks,

Mary
        • 1. Re: Single Click a Book to display html assigned
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Mary

Normally if you have a topic assigned, it will display by simply clicking the book. Are you asking about also having the book open on a single click?

If so, that's done in an option when you compile. If you click File > Generate and get to the intermediate dialog, look near the bottom for a button labeled Edit... and click it. You should then see another dialog appear with a couple of tabs. Click the tab labeled TOC Styles. On this tab are a bunch of check boxes. The one you want is labeled "Single click to open books".

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Single Click a Book to display html assigned
            MEP45 Level 1
            When the tester clicks the book he says it does not automically display the file assigned to it, he has to double click it. But i did the File > Generate function and my Edit button is grayed out. The help says that button is in Flashhelp and I am outputting to WebHelp.

I am using RH 7 with a skin.
            • 3. Re: Single Click a Book to display html assigned
              RoboWizard Level 4
              Hi again

Indeed the options I was talking about would apply to CHM (Microsoft HTML Help) output only. I mistakenly thought that was what you were using.

Even WebHelp should be working with a single click though. However, in WebHelp output, I have heard of issues arising when folks have topics assigned to Books. Not sure if there were any workarounds posted.

Cheers... Rick