Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Business Catalyst in conjuction with Zoneedit

Participant ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think I made a fine little mess with my domain and i'd appreciate some help.

I just published a test site using Business Catalyst and updated my registrar to point my domain at the Business Catalyst name servers.

Years ago I've set up an account with Zone Edit DNS services.

I set up their email forwarding service and it worked flawlessly since, and I'd like to keep using it.

As I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong) just adding the Zone Edit name servers on top of those of Business Catalyst is not the best practice.

On Business Catalyst I can only set up an MX record to point at an email server, but Zone Edit don't provide an email server address, only the Mail Forward service.

As I understand (and I'm no big expert) my best practice would be to have my registrar point at Zone Edit's name servers, and on Zone Edit to add an A Record pointing to my address on Business Catalyst.

That way people searching for my domain will get to it on business catalyst and email messages sent to my domain will be forwarded as before by Zone Edit.

Am I right?

Thanks in advance,

Eli

TOPICS
Going live

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines