8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 2:44 PM by A.T. Romano

copyright on music scores

garyb30068581 Level 1

Is there copyrights on the music scores supplied in the program? specifically "Bedtime Story"

Thanks, Gary

• 1. Re: copyright on music scores
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary,

What version of Premiere Elements? What computer operating system?

Generalizing....

According to my reading of the Adobe Licensing Agreement, the user is allowed to use Music Score content in a creation, but you cannot market the individual Music Scores.

Please review

2.3 Content Files. Unless stated otherwise in the “Read‑Me” files, Documentation, or other license(s) associated with the Content Files, Customer may use, display, modify, reproduce, and distribute any of the Content Files. However, Customer may not distribute the Content Files on a stand-alone basis (i.e., in circumstances in which the Content Files constitute the primary value of the product being distributed), and Customer may not claim any trademark rights in the Content Files or derivative works thereof. Nothing stated herein shall affect the ownership of the Software as stated in Section 3.

which I am reading from Adobe - End User License Agreement

This is not Adobe. Rather essentially a user to user forum. The ultimate answer for this comes from Adobe who should be contacted.

ATR

• 2. Re: copyright on music scores
            garyb30068581 Level 1

I'm using ver. 14 on Windows 10 

I recently used this score in a short video posted on YouTube, but someone filed a copyright dispute and placed ad's in the video in lieu of pursuing action... 

• 3. Re: copyright on music scores
              A.T. Romano Level 7

garyb

Was the YouTube copyright dispute defined as to what was being pointed to?

Is it too late to appeal the matter so that you can get a definition of the situation. Who filed the copyright dispute?

Where was the music used in the YouTube upload - just as the beginning introduction or at periods through the video duration.

For a long time the project content situation has been as I mentioned (and others have as well).

Please consider pursuing this with YouTube and letting us know the outcome as your schedule permits. Then we can pursue the matter on the Adobe side as per my prior comment

This is not Adobe. Rather essentially a user to user forum. The ultimate answer for this comes from Adobe who should be contacted.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: copyright on music scores
                garyb30068581 Level 1

Hers the info... When I listen to his song, "J Lin Anthem" the Adobe score "bedtime story" matches.. Not sure what's going on.. I did file a dispute, but I'm considering pulling the song anyways..

your thoughts.

Copyright details 

content  claimant  policy 
                •   J Lin Anthem - Hakim Felts 
                •   Sound recording 
                •   1:12 - 1:49    
                •   CD Baby 
                •   Inactive: Dispute in progress. Claimant response by Jan 16, 2016    

Viewing restrictions and/or monetization associated with the disputed claim(s) are suspended until your dispute is resolved. The copyright owner is required to respond to your dispute within 30 days. 

•   Remove song       

This will remove the copyrighted song from your video, along with the claim from the claimant. 

• 5. Re: copyright on music scores
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

garyb

Thanks for the additional information on Premiere Elements 14's Music Score Bedtime Story.

I went to the Online Folder in Program Data, found the file for this music score, and did a MediaInfo properties readout for it. The following is a screenshot of that MediaInfo readout for this file

14Bedtime story.JPG

There is no reference to J Lin Anthem. And, when you do a Google Search for J Lin Anthem, you find it is a Hip-Hop/Rap with rap going on against the music which sounds identical to Adobe's Music Score Atmospheric/Bedtime Story. I am not sure if rap + music constitutes copyright or just the rap. This then becomes a matter that only Adobe, YouTube, and the compliant can sort out.

I am not sure of the best Adobe contact for this. You could try the Adobe Customer Service telephone number found online

https://www.google.com/search?q=adobe+customer+service&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

As your schedule permits, please update us on your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: copyright on music scores
                    garyb30068581 Level 1

Wow!... Really appreciate the help with this.. And yes, I'll update with my progress when appropriate.

Thanks again,

Gary

• 7. Re: copyright on music scores
                      garyb30068581 Level 1

Update...  Claimant/Youtube dropped the copyright violation..

Thanks again for your help with this..

Gary

• 8. Re: copyright on music scores
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Gary

Great news. I am applauding your victory.

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects moving forward.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and new year.

ATR