3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 2:55 PM by A.T. Romano

Upgraded to Premiere Elements 14, now playback controls do not function

dizzyo

Upgraded to Premiere Elements 14, but now the playback controls (play, stop, etc.) do not function. Premiere Elements 13 works fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs using Adobe uninstallers, did not help. After booting in safe mode I could get PE 14 to play/stop, though audio was disabled. Very frustrating! Using Mac OS Yosemite 10.10.5

• 1. Re: Upgraded to Premiere Elements 14, now playback controls do not function
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dizzyo

Did you purchase Premiere Elements 14 as a download from Adobe web site?

Have you gone through the usual drill, video card/graphics card driver version up to date, latest version of QuickTime 7 installed, running programs as administrator.....?

If you have just purchased the product, while you still have the opportunity (current version, recent purchase), you might want to get Adobe Support involved via its online Adobe Chat (Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up).

Contact Customer Care

Just to confirm....are you saying that Premiere Elements 13/13.1 runs OK on the same computer, Timeline content as Premiere Elements 14? Are you running from the 14.1 Update, or are you still on 14? If you have updated 14 to 14.1, did the Timeline content play OK in the 14 version?

ATR

• 2. Re: Upgraded to Premiere Elements 14, now playback controls do not function
            dizzyo Level 1

Thank you A .T., I just solve the problem a second ago. I had gone through the usual drill, but not carefully enough! I found out that I had the wrong  audio hardware selected in the preferences. That's all. Now it's working fine.

Ugh! It's usually something stupid isn't it? Thank you for your response though, much appreciated.

• 3. Re: Upgraded to Premiere Elements 14, now playback controls do not function
              A.T. Romano Level 7

dizzyo

Thanks for the great follow up news. You did a great job in identifying the cause of the problem and correcting the situation.

With your follow up, you have learned and, in sharing that solution, you have helped others who might be looking for answers for a similar problem.

Best wishes

ATR