• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image button states (up/down/over) not operating correctly.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images below show the button before and after a hover. I'm working in Captivate 9 - responsive project

why does the hover state not automatically keep the same size as the 'down' and 'up' state?

How can I fix this?

image button.PNGCapture3.PNG

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Can you check the exact version number? There was a hotfix released, which gives version 8.0.0.230. That issue was solved with the hotfix::

Hot fix | Adobe Captivate 9 issues

Why an image button and not a shape button?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the exact version number? There was a hotfix released, which gives version 8.0.0.230. That issue was solved with the hotfix::

Hot fix | Adobe Captivate 9 issues

Why an image button and not a shape button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have that hotflix update so I will try that out.

I chose an image button so that I could ensure the built in quiz buttons also have the same look. Unless there is a better way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hotfix should solve your issue. Quiz buttons use theme colors, I find it much easier to create similar buttons with shape buttons because you can control the fill and color from within Captivate and they are vector based (contrary to the bitmap image buttons).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shape buttons will work great for non-quiz slides, but although I can apply the same button design to the quiz buttons,  i can't apply the same state.

My 'Shape buttons' are red and turn grey when hovered over. Can i do this to the quiz buttons? I want them to look consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create as many styles for shape buttons as you wish. Check the style for the normal Quiz button and imitate that.

OSMStates.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Hotfix install definitely solved the button issue, but now I am getting an error on my older Captivate 9 projects that were created before I added the Hotfix.

When I try to publish the project, I get the "SWF compilation failed' error.

None of the suggested fixes described here worked:

SWF compilation failed error

Is there any way to fix this? I cannot publish for LMS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try turning off all compression options in Preferences > SWF Quality.

If that doesn't work, reset your Preferences folder.  You should have done that anyway when you installed the hotfix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources