2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2015 12:28 PM by adamneer

Has there been any progress on resolving the memory leak that renders After-Effects unusable in the Apple environment?

larryl61814215

I purchased an AE template and I am unable to do any work due to the failure of some module to release memory.

The details:

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

3.4GHz Intel Core i5 processor

32GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GRX 780M 4096MB

Adobe After Effects CC

2015.0 Release

Version 13.5.0.347

100% used of 32.0GB

Disk Cache: Enabled

Cache Size:500GB

Default directories selected

Reduce cache size when system is low on memory: Enabled.

I am able to launch the program and then load the template I purchased, the Virtual Studio 2 After Effects template from Blue FX.  Once I attempt to do anything I see one of three messages stating "the Cached Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback" followed by a warning stating "fresh layer cache checkout failed", followed by an error "Unable to allocate enough memory to render the current frame.  Either decrease the memory requirements for the rendering of this frame, or install more RAM".

I discovered the memory leak by observing The Memory Details form in which the Current Memory can be seen climbing until all of the system memory is consumed.  It appears that some module in the application is using, but never releasing, the system memory.

I have opened an empty project with no template and added a clip that seems to run fine.  It could be an issue with the template and I will be contacting Blue FX to see if this is something on their end.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Warren Henderson working with Larry Lasseter