3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2016 7:51 PM by EliMonroy37

crash

EliMonroy37

I recently emptied disk cache and cleaned database & cache and now I can only get about 2 seconds of preview (spacebar) or rendering and it crashes, what can I do? Any help is appreciated. Here are my settings:

Enable Disk Cache (checked)

Max Disk Cache Size: 23GB

Memory

Installed RAM: 16 GB

RAM reserved for other applications: 5GB

RAM available for AE: 11GB

Reduce cache size when system is low on memory (not checked)

AE version: 13.6.0.165

• 1. Re: crash
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nobody can tell you anything without things like the actual crash logs and info on what's going on in your comps.

Working with your Operating System’s Tools | Mylenium's Error Code Database

Mylenium

• 2. Re: crash
            EliMonroy37 Level 1

Mylenium, thank you very much for your link.  I have followed the instructions on it and below i have pasted the information on my system and the crash.

A little background on the project I'm working on and is now crashing after a few seconds of rendering:  This is a 2.5 min video that i work on every week (it's always worked before and just recently started crashing when trying to render).  The reason i work on this same project every week is it is the church announcements video.  It is basically a template that i update with different slides and text and talent, but the structure remains the same (about 30 layers, 7 pre-comps of about 5 layers each no longer than 20 seconds each).  The fanciest effect i got going is the Key Light (which i do see has been included in the crash report).  I must include that i did recently change my graphics card to the GeForce GTX 660 Ti and so far it has worked fine with anything else.  Other than that, the crashing started happening as I mentioned before, after i cleaned cache in the preferences menu of AE as well as the database.  I have also increased the Max Disk Cache Size to now 50GB and I also migrated the Cache folder and the Conformed Media Cache Database and Cache folders to a secondary internal hardrive 1TB (recently installed for this very project and has been working fine).  The current work around i have been doing is rendering with the work area 10 seconds worth of video (seems to be about the max it will do).  Later i will import all these little segments into Premier and paste them in a series and then render the whole video (royal pain btw).

Please let me know if there is anything else I should include.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

System

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.80GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating Systemx x64-based processor

Graphics Card:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

from event viewer:

Fault bucket 120376225772, type 4

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: AfterFX.exe

P2: 13.6.1.6

P3: 566a97aa

P4: KeylightPro.AEX

P5: 0.0.0.0

P6: 5550be0a

P7: c0000005

P8: 00000000000d10ef

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\eliskywalker\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFD76.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_AfterFX.exe_9d9a7d688cce95c579 4792b761f86f572af455f_86d1646f_b1b906dc

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 66ebf084-7633-4cac-ba63-a3b33ae07ed5

Report Status: 1

Hashed bucket: e31e7da034b6b96b0ba86de33e9add38

• 3. Re: crash
              EliMonroy37 Level 1

Good and bad news, reading through other threads i started disabling effects in my project and seeing if it would crash.  When I disabled Key Light 1.2, i was able to hit the  preview (space bar) and pretty much previewed the whole project without it crashing at full resolution.  So i guess we have found the culprit.  However, this is probably the worst outcome possible for my project.  The whole video is based on keying a green screen for the talent used through out.  I am attempting to use other key effects, but Key Light is just SO MUCH better at doing the fine tuning needed for my green screen.  I just can't believe that I can't use it in AE.  In fact, the whole reason I'm using AE and not just Premier is because of this very effect.  Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated.