0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2015 3:45 PM by glanroon

Data Merge with button hyperlinks

glanroon

Hello all -

I'm trying to create large catalogs using Data Merge with 12 products per page - each having a description, an image, and (most importantly) a web URL hyperlink triggered either from the image or from a separate large overlaid button.

Picture a 12-product grid on the page, and I'd like users to be able to click anywhere within each product's area to follow the hyperlink.

I know that EasyCatalog is recommended, but I can't convince my employer to buy it and I'm already 90% of the way to doing this on my own, so I'd love to just figure this part out.

The "Convert URLs to Hyperlinks" option doesn't quite work, because it assigns a link only to the specific lines where the text is, not to the whole text frame as I need it to.

And I've already perused this thread: Web Link Buttons with Variable URLs, which is so close to what I need, but the script seems not to work if there is more than one product (group) per page.

Can anyone advise me as to how I can automate this, either during the Data Merge process or using a Script afterwards?

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

GR