I would like to deauthorize an ADE account on my MAC. The problem is that the Adobe account no longer exists. No password will work, because there is no account under that email. I can't reset the password via email, because again, the account no longer exists. I need help and chat keeps referring me to this forum.
Answering my own question:
I found this from a user name Nanaky
1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
3. Select Erase Authorization and click OK.
4. Try to authorize the Program which your new Adobe ID.
Should the first way not work:
1. Quit Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion.
3. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.