7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2016 7:37 AM by kglad

Other text after dynamic text skips a line instead of being continuous?

pandatte Level 1

IDK if this question makes sense, but I made an input box for the player to type in their name in my flash. Its properties are as follows:

inputbox.png

on another page, i wanted to ensure the input text would show up as dynamic text(the player name). for example, if the player had entered the name 'Tom', it would show up as "Hey, Tom, how are you? How do you find the weather today? It's pretty bright today." So I created a button with this code:

on (release) { _root.gotoAndPlay("intro2"); response = "Hey "+name+"! How are you? How do you find the weather today? It's pretty bright today."; }

And on frame intro2, I created a dynamic textbox with its properties as follows:

inputbox.png

When I started the flash, what came out on frame intro2 was this:

inputbox.png

There is still lots of space left in the textbox. How do I make it so that the text will skip to the following line if they have reached the limit of the box's width, but will be continuous otherwise? All other text after the input playername always skips to the following line regardless of what I've tried.