1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 6:52 AM by JimKumorek

Adobe Premiere Pro "The application was unable to start correctly. Click OK to close the application.

LeslieSOsborne Level 1

After updating Adobe After Effects CC and Adobe Premiere Pro CC, via the create cloud update, I get the following error message when starting the programs.

"Application Error" box

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application."

I had several programs that I updated (Adobe Audition, Adobe PhotoShop, etc) , at once. None of the other programs seems to have problems starting.

I have uninstalled Adobe After Effects CC and Adobe Premiere Pro CC and have the same results, aka, error notice, after re-installing.

I have done searches and do not seem to have found a definitive solution to the problem.

• Can you please help me resolve this issue. If you have come across this issue and successfully resolved it your input is especially helpful.
      • Can you suggest ways to avoid this, or similar, issues in the future. This makes me feel very reluctant to update any of my CC software if i'm going to experience hours/days/weeks of delay due to having to troubleshoot issues.

Thank you, in advance, for your help.