4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 7:11 PM by m_vargas

please help

cindyh27718954

I have windows 10 and flashplayer didn't work so I called Microsoft and they told me to delete flashplayer and reinstall.  I did that, but cannot reinstall flashplayer.  Please help.

• 1. Re: please help
          Carm01 Level 4

so.. you deleted which flash player?

There are technically 3 or 4 variants depending on how you look at it. PPAPI, activeX, NPAPI and the ones built into the operating system.

IF you yanked the ones from the Operating System , those techs at MS are idiots for telling you that!

Let us check the system Files.To do this do both of these:

• Perform System File Check (SFC)

Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
          1. Press Windows key + X.
          2. Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
          3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

• 2. Re: please help
            cindyh27718954 Level 1

This did not fix my problem, I still do not have Flashplayer.  I went into my programs and found Adobe Flashplayer and uninstalled.  Then I went to reinstall and it says that I have windows 10 and it is already there.  Can I get it back?

• 3. Re: please help
              Carm01 Level 4

go here: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

also please provide the system information in the box please

thank you

• 4. Re: please help
                m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi cindyh27718954,

I'm assuming you're using IE or Edge browser, if so, as of Windows 8 Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge browser as of Windows 10.  There is no way to uninstall this embedded version without jumping through hoops. In addition to the suggestions provided by C S you can try the following:

• Run Windows Update and looking for the 'Flash Player for Internet Explorer/Edge browser' update
                • Find a previous Flash Player update for IE/Edge browser KB article and download the installer.  See Microsoft Security Advisory 2755801 for links to each update Microsoft has released.  You may need to do this several times until you find an update that works.

If these options do not work, please contact Microsoft customer support or their community forums.

If you're not using Internet Explorer or Edge browsers launch the browser you are using and go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and download the Flash Player for that specific browser and install it.

--

Maria