7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2015 8:33 PM by A.T. Romano

Update/XAZC-S problems

joshc36386836

I have liked the premiere elements and its easy to use. I recently upgraded to 14. However its just 14, is there a 14.1 update. When I try to update it i get the following message:

"Adobe Premiere Elements 14.1 update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I210"

I looked up on Adobe to see what the U44.... and as far as I know it wasn't either of the two problems. Any help would be appreciated.

The other problem is what settings do I need for the Sony Action Cam 100v. As you may or may not know it records in a XAVC-S (whatever that means). I didn't think editing a couple of videos would be so hard with all sorts of different setting options etc. Anyway, I was working on a video yesterday and imported a couple of clips that worked fine. Today not so much, one clip didn't show any audio on the timeline, the others would show audio on the timeline but when I would push play there was no sound. The master volume showed sound. I checked all my other programs on the computer just in case it was something larger but everything seemed to work fine on the other programs.

My camera is set at 720 30p,

while working yeserday I just left the first setting which was the AVCHD 1080p 60. I didn't realize there were all sorts of settings, I wasn't paying attention but it worked, yesterday. At one times I triee the force setting and that didn't work either.

I included a screen shot of when I was working today, it said volume and all but nothing coming out the speakers.

Thanks,

JC

Adobe.jpg

• 1. Re: Update/XAZC-S problems
          A.T. Romano Level 7

josh

Please check out the following for possible solutions for 14.1 Update failure with error code U44M11210.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE13/13.1: 13.1 Update Failures/Solutions

This document probably applies to 14.1 as well as 13.1.

First, if you have not already, try the update with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

When you import the video into the project, the project is set up to set the project settings automatically based on its analysis of the properties of the video. If it cannot, in 14, it gives the closest fit project preset which may or may not be correct for your video. If the project cannot get it right, then you set the project preset yourself manually (File Menu/New/Project - Change Settings.

XAVC-S is a video compression. AVCHD (MPEG4 AVC/H.264) is another type of video compression.

I would have thought that you were recording 1920 x 1080, but if you say that the camera is set for 720p30.....

Then let us start with setting the project preset manually to

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD-LITE 720p30

To set the project preset manually, you follow the following scheme...

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
          • In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. (In this case, the 720 p30 project preset given above. OK out of there.
          • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.

Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/ choice

According to the following, if the camera setting is 720p30, your file's video compression would be H.264 instead of XAVC-S.

Sony Action Cam AS100V Specs - CNET

Check Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware ASIO setting and its Input and Output to determine what is enabled or not.

Please consider, give more details, and then we will consider what next.

Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Update/XAZC-S problems
            A.T. Romano Level 7

joshc

Add On to my post 1 reply...

Are you fixed on those 720p30 settings (1280 x 720 at 30 progressive frames per second with the H.264 video compression).

After we work through those details/problems, moving forward you might want to consider recording 1920 x 1080 @ 30 progressive frames per second with the XAVC-S video compression.

For the XAVC-S video, the project preset would be

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30

ATR

• 3. Re: Update/XAZC-S problems
              joshc36386836 Level 1

I tryed the suggestions for 720pTo set the project preset manually, you follow the following scheme...

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
              • In Change Settings, set the project preset to match the properties of the source media. (In this case, the 720 p30 project preset given above. OK out of there.
              • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.

Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/ choice

it would act the same in that no sound would transfer. I would love to include more information but am unsure of what information you would need in guiding me, just let me know. I will take the suggestion "want to consider recording 1920 x 1080 @ 30 progressive frames per second" if its going to help. I don't have a problem. I was using 720 thats as good as I need it and it saves space. The following are some of the settings I can choose on my camera. So then it would be alright and easier to use either of the 1080 settings with the adobe program.

JC

picres.jpg

• 4. Re: Update/XAZC-S problems
                A.T. Romano Level 7

joshc

Thank you for the reply.

For troubleshooting, please record short video H.264 1920 x 1080p30 and determine if you get video audio playback from the Premiere Elements Timeline.

Then for troubleshooting, please record short video XAVC-S 1920 x 1080p30 and determine if you get video audio playback from the Premiere Elements Timeline.

I suspect that the H.264 comes with AAC audio (stereo) and the XAVC-S comes with LPCM (stereo).

From what I have read of the Action Cam handbook, you record in SAVC-S when you set for PRO.

Please use the manually set project preset as mentioned in post 2.

Do you get any sound coming from Premiere Elements Timeline whether the Timeline has footage from this Action Cam or footage from a different camera?

When you import the file into the project Expert workspace - Add Media - Files and Folder - Project Assets and drag the file to the Timeline, do you see a representation of file audio on Audio 1 even though you might not hear the sound at playback there?

Also, when you have the file in Project Assets (and before you drag it to the Timeline), do you see any audio conforming going on in the progress bar bottom right of workspace? If so, do you wait for it to complete before you drag the file to the Timeline?

Please consider, supply more details, and then we will plan further troubleshooting strategy based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Update/XAZC-S problems
                  joshc36386836 Level 1

I ll try to answer all your questions and give you all the info you need as so you can help me.

The I attempted the following two settings, as the are the only two I have in 1080, they are the 30 and 60p. Neither of them transferred over with sound.

As far as recording in the Pro mode, I cannot because my card cannot handle it so I cannot even try that mode.

Usually with my Canon Vixia HFR20 it works fine, however not so much, no sound on some recent recordings.

As far as the setting of the vixia the only thing that I can make out is that it says HDMI 1080. That is all I know, I know my kids have done a lot of effects and what

not on adobe over in the past with that camera.

As far as the audio conforming at the bottom right hand side of the workspace, I don't have a clue what that is. I can walk away from my computer for a few minutes after pulling in some

clips to work with, so I give it time before dragging it to the timeline.

JC

• 6. Re: Update/XAZC-S problems
                    joshc36386836 Level 1

I also recently attempted to get on the Sony forums to see if any person has been using Adobe Premiere Elements with their action cam.

However it wouldn't let me log in, it wouldn't' reset my password or let me register for an account, so I don't know. Couldn't get in their

forums to ask.

• 7. Re: Update/XAZC-S problems
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

joshc

Thanks for the replies. In view of your recent reports, we may be off target if we focus on the loss of audio for the Action Cam 100 V file once it is imported into Premiere Elements. I say that because you say that you are now having problems with the audio from the Canon Vixia HFR20.

We know that you are working on Premiere Elements 14. What computer operating system - Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.

Shifting gears, let us focus on the loss of audio from video audio imports from the Canon Vixia HFR20 or Action Cam 100V. Consider the Canon first.

1. Do you confirm that these files have audio when played back outside of Premiere Elements? If yes, then...

2. How are you importing these files into the project - what is your Add Media choice - Files and Folders or other?

3. Take a Canon video 1920 x 1080. What are you using for frame rate - PF24, PF 30, or 60i (Standard)?

4. Can you set up the Canon so that it records a short clip with its setting for 1920 x 1080 @ PF30 setting?

If you can get that done, then you are going to take that video into Premiere Elements 14 using a manually set preset for

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30 @ 29.97

Then you will important your 1920 x 1080 PF30 file into a new project with the project preset set manually before you import the video.

The details of manually setting the project preset was described in post 1 of your thread.

From the above, I want to know that 1920 x 1080 PF30 imports into the project with video and audio and neither is lost in the course of import and editing. And, we also want to know that, when you are playing back the file in the Edit area, you continue to have video and audio and you are making your Timeline content judgments based on Timeline rendered results...that is, no orange line over the Timeline content, only either green or no color line above the Timeline content.

Consider. We will address these issues at whatever pace you prefer.

Thank you for exploring the comments.

ATR