2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2009 2:47 PM by Newsgroup_User

D11 locToCharPos and pointToChar bug

I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with locToCharPos() and pointToChar() in Director 11. They both are off by almost exactly half a character—if the passed in point is on the right hand side of the letter, the returned position is that of the next letter. I'm seeing this problem regardless of the font or font size.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is Adobe aware of this and are there plans to fix it?
        • 1. Re: D11 locToCharPos and pointToChar bug
          Level 7
          > Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is Adobe aware of this and are there plans
          > to fix it?

Yes, yes, and how would you know? (respectively)
          • 2. Re: D11 locToCharPos and pointToChar bug
            Level 7
            Good point Sean. On another note, I suspect that Adobe's Director budget
            doesn't have many zeroes these days

--
            Craig

"zimmru" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gmcgs1$ip6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with locToCharPos() and
            > pointToChar() in Director 11. They both are off by almost exactly half a
            > character?if the passed in point is on the right hand side of the letter,
            > the
            > returned position is that of the next letter. I'm seeing this problem
            > regardless of the font or font size.
            >
            > Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is Adobe aware of this and are there
            > plans
            > to fix it?
            >