2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2015 6:05 PM by A.T. Romano

What is error [..\..\Src\Directory Registry.Cpp-283]

vacation1997

iI have just re installed photoshop and elements 14 I can not open elements at all, and  all the movie clips come up as incorrect code quicktime 7 required but it is installed the above error code appears and keeps going back to quicktime 7 required, i did use elements 6 & 10 before, any ideas what the promlem can be?

• 1. Re: What is error [..\..\Src\Directory Registry.Cpp-283]
          A.T. Romano Level 7

vaction1997

What computer operating system is involved?

If you are using Windows 10, then uninstall whatever QuickTime is installed (via Control Panel route) and install specifically QuickTime 7.7.6. QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

If you are using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, then uninstall whatever QuickTime is installed (via Control Panel route) and install specifically QuickTime 7.7.8. QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

Be sure to be running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges.

Does the problem exist with or without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: What is error [..\..\Src\Directory Registry.Cpp-283]
            A.T. Romano Level 7

vacation1997

I just saw your reply to the above posted as a new thread in this forum.

error message [..\..\Src\directoryRegistory.Cpp-283]

Please continue in the thread that we are in now to avoid confusion in going back and forth between threads to see the replies for the same problem.

For convenience, I am doing a copy paste of your reply from the second thread

have tried what you sent down but no joy with or without firewalls quicktime 7.7.6 installed but still unable to open premier elements or see videos on organiser error message labeled dynamiclinkmediaserver debug event system requires compressor/decompressor (CODEC)   my system as follows

windows 10 64bit

i5 quad processer

nvida g-force 4 Gb video card

16Gb ram

drive C ssd 125Gb

drive D 1Tb  where pictures stored & video clips

your 1st answer made no difference, does this programme actually work or are bits missing?

I have worked with the Premiere Elements 14 tryout and purchased product on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit and Windows 10 Home and Pro 64 bit. And, in each case, no problems with the install or running of the program.

At this point, have you gotten rid of the messages insisting that you need QuickTime 7? For now, let us focus on your video import into the Premiere Elements Editor.

1. Have you uninstall Premiere Elements 14, the usual control panel way? If not, let us start there...

a. Uninstall, usual Control Panel way

b. Do free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) - all you need is the free version for this - CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

c. Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

d. Once you are assured that the Premiere Elements 14 working correctly and consistently, then download and install the 14.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

Before the above, go through the usual drill...

a. Does the problem exist with or without antivirus and firewalls disabled?

b. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? According to Device Manager/Display Adapters/ is your computer using more than just the NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card?

c. Go to Local Disk C/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 14/ and find the file specifically named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. Right click that file and select and apply Run As Administrator from the menu that appears. Then double click the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe to determine if that will open the program to the Premiere Elements workspaces.

d. Any special 3rd party plug-ins on your computer?

ATR