1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2015 2:31 PM by A.T. Romano

why does adobe sabotage my older program when I install a newer program???

geoffreyh80759443

I installed Photoshop Elements 13 and then my Premier Elements 9 quit working. It said I had to reinstall Premier 9 over. I did and just when it just finishes installing it rolls back and uninstalls. I even uninstalled

Phototshop Elements 13 and I still will not install Premier 9. I even tried premier 8 with same results. This is the second time I left a message  question about this on these forum. I will not get

into asking why Adobe is afraid to have a support email. But when you have trouble a can not contact the company says they do not care and I think i am done with Adobe products.

I am running windows 8.1

• 1. Re: why does adobe sabotage my older program when I install a newer program???
          A.T. Romano Level 7

geoffreyh

As you already know, Premiere Elements as well as Photoshop Elements are standalone products.

When you are trying for the installs of Premiere Elements 9 and 8, you say

".....my Premier Elements 9 quit working. It said I had to reinstall Premier 9 over. I did and just when it just finishes installing it rolls back and uninstalls."

At any time when that was all going on, did you get any program messages which included "Shared Technologies"?

If so, please review the Adobe document on this matter https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/install-rollback-photoshop-elements-windows. html

If this is a Shared Technologies issue, then I would do the following...

1. Windows 8.1 (assumed 64 bit)...Control Panel/Installed Program and uninstall any trace of Premiere Elements 8 or 9.

2. Run the free ccleaner (regular and registry parts) CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform (the free cleaner is all that you need)

3. Go to

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files Folder

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder find the folder named OOBE. Rename the OOBE Folder from OOBE specifically to OLDOOBE.

(That is different than the Adobe suggestion, but it has worked for many of the more difficult of these situations.)

Make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete paths given.

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details and results in your reply. Any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR