3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2015 3:51 PM by Brian in Hereford

Buy or Cloud?

twhalen2

If I buy Lightroom 6 and version 7 comes out, about what will the upgrade cost?  If I go with the creative cloud and pay by the month, do I get upgrades automatically at the same price?

• 1. Re: Buy or Cloud?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Historically, upgrades have cost $79.99 US. If you subscribe to the creative cloud when that major upgrade occurs it will just be part of your package, you will continue to pay your monthly fee. You are probably aware that the creative cloud version has a few more features, and you also have access to Lightroom Mobile. Another big plus for the creative cloud plan is that you also have the latest Photoshop included in that package.

• 2. Re: Buy or Cloud?
            Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi twhalen,

If you purchase Lightroom 6, you will have to purchase Lightroom 7 whenever it is available.

However, the price cannot be predetermined.

If you subscribe to Creative cloud, you will not have to pay anything extra for the latest version of any application apart from the monthly or yearly subscription charges.

Hope this helps.

~Mrinmay

• 3. Re: Buy or Cloud?
              Brian in Hereford

Personally I use Creative Cloud - the full package. I would rate the Cloud Option as the better deal - I know there is a cost implication but it has worked for me seamlessly. There are many who will claim that this is an expensive way of doing things but the extra benefits far outweigh the disadvantages. The mobile apps are  great especially as they are all joined up.