1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2015 4:02 PM by Derek Cross

Placing images not working in Indesign CS6

juliannz

I am using Indesign CS6 through the creative cloud. I am working on a simple document - a newsletter.  I went to place an image in the text using the text frame tool. Selected the image from a file using 'place'.  The image always comes out pixilated or the text frame goes completely black.  I tried several different images and get the same results. I have been using CS6 for ages, placed hundreds of images, and never had this problem. I think this must be a bug in the application.  What is going on please?

• 1. Re: Placing images not working in Indesign CS6
          Derek Cross Level 6

Trash your InDesign preferences.

Close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. There are two downsides to this method, however. First, you must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow), and second, anytime you replace the preferences you will lose most program customizations, and using the keyboard method leaves you with no backup to restore them when the problem turns out to be something else. (From Troubleshooting))