- First of al make sure PS and LR are up to date
- While holding down the shift key open Photoshop, and click yes on the prompt.
- Now leave Photoshop open and then check if from LR when you open an file does it appear in Photoshop or not.
- If it does, some third party plugin is causing this behavior
- If the image still does not open, then Open LR, go to preferences - External editor and add Photoshop to it.
I have uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop & LR to current versions.
I do not have any 3rd party plugins installed.
I performed step 2
There is no option to install Photoshop as an external editor. It appears to recognise it as the default.
Should I be cleaning out my preferences? When I re-installed El-capitan I did so through a early (Yosemite) Time Machine version. Perhaps this has created some conflict?