35 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2016 5:27 PM by chrisk39776543

Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS

chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hi,

This is really annoying. Everytime I select Damn Noisy Kids font it crashes. It used to work all the time. Then it started crashing

with other fonts. Now it crashes if I select default text. Not all the time, but usually at the worst time.

I'm using windows 7 with 32Gb ram, Nvidia 760 GTX Vid card with 2Gb vram.

I never had this issue before, the damn noisy font never used to crash. Then one day it started doing it. There's

nothing wrong with the font, I use it in other applications. Also other fonts crash it too, like DS accent, or

Impact.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. [personal info deleted, forum policy] please rather than reply here.

Thanks.

Neon

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
          A.T. Romano Level 7

chrisk/Neon

Replies to Premiere Elements thread questions are done within the Premiere Elements Forum so that your problem gets resolved and all learn in the troubleshooting and sharing.

Contact information should not be included in the thread to avoid unwanted nuisances to that contact information.

Thank you for starting a new thread on your problem.

Earlier, I have seen that you have tacked your question on the thread of another. And, I have already responded to it there.

Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text

I wrote

chrisk

Are you saying that all these crashes strictly revolved around creating text in the Titler whether or not you used one of the Adobe fonts or you Damn Noisy Kids one?

If not, then we need to go through the usual drill questions...

1. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? How many cards are listed in Device Manager/Display Adapters?

2. Does the problem exist with or without antivirus and firewalls disabled?

3. Do you have any 3rd party fonts besides Damn Noisy Kids installed on your computer?

4. What are the properties of your Timeline, project settings? What is "the game"? If "the game" is not involved and you are using video from a HD camcorder, does the problem exist in Premiere Elements Titler or elsewhere there?

Please supply more information.

Thank you.

ATR

If you believe there is a one on one relationship between the integrity of your fonts and crashes in the Premiere Elements Titler, you might want to take a look at the Font Doctor software on a tryout basis. Since it appears not to be free, I am not promoting it. Rather suggesting the tryout for troubleshooting purposes.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
            chrisk39776543 Level 1

Yes that is correct. Driver up to date, only one card listed. This happens on any video. Whether it's recorded with DxTory or Shadowplay. Whether it's

been rendered or not. All videos are constant frame rate. Yes this is a titling issue. ie When I click Titles & Text, set the size (55) select the font and Crash. As I

said, it started with Damn Noisy Fonts after working with it for 2 months, then it started crashing if I selected it. Now it crashes with many fonts I've used

before, and today it started crashing from just selecting the default Titles & Text.

Drill questions;

1. Nvidia 760 GTX 2Gb Ram.

2. Yes it happens when the Antivirus firewall is disabled too.

3. Yes I have quite a few third party fonts, and all have been used before in Premiere with no problems. Also I use them

in Gimp and also have no issues.

4. I don't know how to capture the project settings or properties. There's a pop up for timeline properties for a selection but I can't copy it.

The game is Grand Theft Auto V but it occurs with every video no matter the game. This is a Premiere Elements 13 issue ONLY.

All my fonts come from Fontspace.com and I've never found an issue with them. They ALL work perfectly in any other program, but

just crash Premiere. So I highly doubt it's anything to do with the fonts, otherwise other programs would crash when I use them.

As for not posting in the right area, it took me 30 minutes just to find the forum. Then I had to go through the ask thing and it

spat me here. So here is where I posted it. There needs to be a link to the forum and a subject list to make it easier.

As for the other threat I posted this on, I posted it then realised that threat was over a year old.

Thanks

Neon

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Neon

Thanks for the reply with troubleshooting information.

First, excuse the question, but just want to make sure...you repeated that the problem exists with all video. But, is "all video" coming from one or more of your game software? For troubleshooting purposes, I ask - do you have these Titler issues when you have a new project using video from a camcorder?

Have you gone through either or both of the following:

1. Deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (and, if necessary, the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, in the 13.0 Folder, is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not resolve the problem, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

2. Uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts). CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

3. As for properties of the video that you are using.....

GSpot readout for Video codec, name, status and Audio codec and status along with frame size and frame rate.

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

As for the project setting in effecct....

Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and then post what you see for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the fields might look grayed out).

Let us see what we can put together with the above to target the cause of your Titler crashes.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                chrisk39776543 Level 1

Thankyou for replying.

Yes that is correct. The problem occurs on every video and any game. I don't use camcorders so no idea about that. The video or game is irrelevant

as it happens on all of them. ie it's a general problem. I used to record with Shadowplay, the error occurred then too, but now I record

with DxStory using multiple audio tracks from Virtual Audio Cable.

So as for your list.

1. Deleted pref file, no change.

2. Uninstalled through Control Panel, used Cleaner to clean up both the disk and the registry, rebooted and reinstalled. No Change, it still crashes.

3. I downloaded GSpot, but don't know how to use it. So I'll give you the mediainfo for the last video I did.

http://https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-fuuLxkbWRZTmJtY0xSbXlGTms

I've tried everything to fix this, and as I said it's happening to other fonts as well. Distant Galaxy font was one I could

use in place of Damn Noisy Kids, but now that also crashes the program.

That's where I'm at, at the moment.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Neon (Merry Christmas)

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Neon

Thanks for the update.

Could you check the link to the MediaInfo data sending. It is not opening for me. I am getting a server not found response from that link?

I will comment further after I view the sendng.

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                    chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hi,

Sorry about that, it worked when I tested it.

Here's the link again, and the content of the .xml file so if the link doesn't work again,

you can save the contents as an .xml n use it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-fuuLxkbWRZTmJtY0xSbXlGTms

And the view of that file: Hope that helps.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Generated by MediaInfoLib - v0.7.75 -->

<!-- Based on EBUCore -->

<!-- Preliminary version (not for production) -->

<!-- dateLastModified="2015-12-22" timeLastModified="10:31:08Z" -->

<bms:bmContent xmlns:desc="http://description.fims.tv" xmlns:tim="http://baseTime.fims.tv"

xmlns:bms="http://base.fims.tv" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xsi:schemaLocation="http://base.fims.tv http://mediaarea.net/temp/baseMediaService-V1_3_0.xsd">

<bms:resourceID/>

<bms:bmContentFormats>

<bms:bmContentFormat>

<bms:resourceCreationDate>2015-12-20T10:49:20Z</bms:resourceCreationDate>

<bms:resourceModifiedDate>2015-12-20T10:49:20Z</bms:resourceModifiedDate>

<bms:bmEssenceLocators>

<bms:bmEssenceLocator xsi:type="bms:EssencePlaceholderLocatorType">

<bms:locatorInfo>H:\Downloads\Video\UTube Projects\Compilations\Dec 19th 2015\NeonsStyle - Channel Compilation Dec 2015.mp4</bms:locatorInfo>

</bms:bmEssenceLocator>

</bms:bmEssenceLocators>

<bms:formatCollection>

<bms:videoFormat>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="string" typeLabel="Standard">NTSC</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="string" typeLabel="ColorSpace">YUV</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="string" typeLabel="ChromaSubsampling">4:2:0</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="string" typeLabel="colour_primaries">BT.709</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="string" typeLabel="transfer_characteristics">BT.709</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="string" typeLabel="matrix_coefficients">BT.709</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="string" typeLabel="colour_range">Limited</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="integer" typeLabel="StreamSize" unit="byte">212404757</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="integer" typeLabel="BitDepth" unit="bit">8</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="boolean" typeLabel="CABAC">true</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="boolean" typeLabel="MBAFF">false</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:displayWidth unit="pixel">1920</bms:displayWidth>

<bms:displayHeight unit="pixel">1080</bms:displayHeight>

<bms:frameRate numerator="30000" denominator="1001">30</bms:frameRate>

<bms:aspectRatio numerator="16" denominator="9">2</bms:aspectRatio>

<bms:videoEncoding typeLabel="High@L4.1">

<bms:family>AVC</bms:family>

<!-- <bms:identifier>avc1</dc:identifier> -->

</bms:videoEncoding>

<bms:videoTrack/> <!-- trackId="1" -->

<bms:bitRate>8002226</bms:bitRate>

<!-- <bms:bitRateMax>10999808</bms:bitRateMax> -->

<bms:bitRateMode>variable</bms:bitRateMode>

<bms:scanningFormat>interlaced</bms:scanningFormat>

<bms:scanningOrder>top</bms:scanningOrder>

</bms:videoFormat>

<bms:audioFormat>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="string" typeLabel="ChannelPositions">Front: L R</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="string" typeLabel="ChannelLayout">L R</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="integer" typeLabel="StreamSize" unit="byte">5032301</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:samplingRate>44100</bms:samplingRate>

<bms:audioEncoding typeLabel="LC">

<bms:family>AAC</bms:family>

<!-- <dc:identifier>40</dc:identifier> -->

</bms:audioEncoding>

<bms:audioTrack trackLanguage="en"/> <!-- trackId="2" -->

<bms:channels>2</bms:channels>

<bms:bitRate>192000</bms:bitRate>

<-- <bms:bitRateMax>296297</bms:bitRateMax> -->

<bms:bitRateMode>variable</bms:bitRateMode>

</bms:audioFormat>

<bms:containerFormat>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="string" typeLabel="FormatProfile">Base Media / Version 2</bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:technicalAttribute formatLabel="string" typeLabel="FormatSettings"></bms:technicalAttribute>

<bms:containerFormat formatLabel="MPEG-4"/>

</bms:containerFormat>

</bms:formatCollection>

<bms:duration>

<tim:normalPlayTime>PT3M32.345S</tim:normalPlayTime>

</bms:duration>

<bms:packageSize>217551056</bms:packageSize>

</bms:bmContentFormat>

</bms:bmContentFormats>

<bms:descriptions>

<bms:description>

<desc:bmContentDescription>

</desc:bmContentDescription>

</bms:description>

</bms:descriptions>

</bms:bmContent>

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

chrisk

Thanks for the follow ups. Sorry for the delay. But I got detoured as well as needing time to think about what next.

You have covered a lot of ground in your own personal troubleshooting and came to a lot of "it cannot be that" conclusions. Maybe so.

But, here is what I would like to know

1. Even though you work exclusively with game video and not camcorder video, could you get a sample from any camcorder (can be found online with camcorder reviews), import that into a new Premiere Elements 13/13.1 project, and determine if you have the same problems that you are having after importing your game videos. I would then feel more comfortable about "every video" aspects of this.

2. Then, could you post a screenshot the MediaInfo (Tree View) video audio and properties readout for the game video that is involved in one of these problem project sessions.

MediaInfo download | SourceForge.net

just in case...

The specified item was not found.

Just be careful downloading and installing the free MediaInfo since it has been known to travel with unwanted baggage.

For every symptom of this situation, the troubleshooting for that symptom appears to be contraindicated by other observation.

And, apparently a clean uninstall reinstall has not remedied the situation.

Depending on your answers to the above, if you have not already, go through the Font Doctor routine to rule out corrupt fonts (Windows or your add ons).

Then, I would explore the video card/graphics card driver version...if up to date, look at a roll back of the driver version.

Have any of your games been recently updated, suggesting a relation between a game update and the Premiere Elements problems?

Any new programs added to the computer?

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                        chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hey,

Ok. Fair enough.

1, I downloaded some Sony 4k Camcorder footage, 5 mins, added the Damn Noisy Kids font and it crashed immediately.

mediainfo.jpg

Quote : "Depending on your answers to the above, if you have not already, go through the Font Doctor routine to rule out corrupt fonts (Windows or your add ons).

Then, I would explore the video card/graphics card driver version...if up to date, look at a roll back of the driver version.

Have any of your games been recently updated, suggesting a relation between a game update and the Premiere Elements problems?

Any new programs added to the computer?"

What do you mean by Font Doctor routine? As for video card, I've a Nvidia 760 GTX with 2gb vram on it, also using Nvidia Experience which

auto updates the driver. I'll try a roll back. The latest program added to the computer is Premiere 13 Elements which was added about 5-6 weeks back.

There's a new driver available for it now. I'll try that out, n if that doesn't work I'll roll back. There's also no new hardware added either.

I thought of corrupted font also so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. It used to work beautifully, as did many others that now no longer work.

Thanks

Chris Kilgariff

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                          chrisk39776543 Level 1

Regarding Font Doctor. All font scan Good

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris Kilgariff

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the delays. I got detoured, and I lost sight of your thread in the daily thread traffic.

Thanks for the checkout of the fonts.

Your MediaInfo readout for the video properties of your clip may have the answer. Highly remote, but....

Premiere Elements does not fare well with video that is recorded with a variable frame rate. The symptoms can range from audio out of sync to not being able to import the video at all. Note Media Info is telling us that this video sample was recorded with a variable frame rate, small in nature, but nonetheless identified as variable frame rate

Frame Rate = 29.970

Minimum Frame Rate = 29.970

Maximum Frame Rate = 30.000

Please take this video into the free HandBrake software to obtain the H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate (set for 29.97 fps) version and import that into the Premiere Elements project with the project's Add Media/Files and Folders. Do you still get the crashes associated with the use of your font and other in the project?

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                              chrisk39776543 Level 1

Really? This seems very odd. I use DXTory to record. One which I got specifically because it recorded in Constant Frame Rate and also allowed

multple audio tracks. This seems very odd.

However I will check this out, I know it can definitely screw things up. I have handbrake, so I'll try it. One of the reasons I wanted

DXTory is to get away with having to handbrake vids, especially with DXTory videos often pushing 100 Gb.

Thanks... will check it out.

Chris

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for considering the variable frame rate angle of this troubleshooting. It seems like such a small variable frame rate, but....  Although small, it is still presenting as a variable frame rate.

Looking forward to your results as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                  chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hi ATR,

Well I tried that. I took the same video file which was constant. I ran it through handbrake to make it variable, then tried both

in Premiere Elements 13. Both crashed when loading Font Damn Noisy Kids. I tried the same thing with a video that mediainfo

reported as variable, converted to constant and the same result. So I don't think that's the issue.

So I'm still at a loss. There's a few other fonts it crashes with as well, I just can't remember what they are atm, n I have

many many fonts, and as I said, Font Doctor scanned all fonts as no problems. I'm curious if you'd heard anyone else

having an issue like this. Reinstalling doesn't seem to fix it. So I'm completely at a loss.

Thanks

Chris

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for the update. Those frame rates from the MediaInfo readout looked like a promising lead, but...

Is there any merit for you in uninstalling the program, doing the free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled?

CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

ATR

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                      chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hey,

I already tried that way back in the beginning of this thread, but hey I'm open to try anything, even if it's twice lol

Let you know..

Chris

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for continuing in this hunt to find the cause of your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 crashes that appear to be related to Fonts.

Please remind me if you are working from Premiere Elements 13 or 13.1. When you do the uninstall/free ccleaner/reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled, stop there.

Do not update to 13.1 yet. Evaluation the crash situation and fonts with Premiere Elements 13 before any consideration for updating to 13.1.

Do you remember when your crashes started and if it was about the time for a video card/graphics card automatic update.

I have assumed that you have been working with the latest driver version of the NVIDIA Ge Force 760 GTX card. If not, then update and gauge the consequences.

If up to date, then roll back the driver version to where it was when the crashes started or got worse.

How many fonts have you added to regular Windows 7 fonts and do you have them stored in any custom place? I think you have already, but, one more time, read through the thread posts to determine was might have been left undone or unanswered in the exchange of comments.

Hoping for a breakthrough.

Best wishes

ATR

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                          chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hi,

First. Reinstalled as recommended by you, including disabling antivirus/firewall. Didn't fix the issue. It still crashes when

I add Damn Noisy Fonts. I don't care about the rest that cause crashes but this is a really good font and is important

to my channel.

It started happening about a week or two before I posted here. No, I've had the same vid card for 2 years, and

I couldn't tell you if it was when it updated as it's automatic,  I'm also positive it's not the video card driver because those

fonts (all of them) work perfectly in every other application. If it was that, then I would have the same issue other other

video applications, like Shadowplay, or DXTory, or VideoPad editor. This ONLY occurs in Premiere Elements 13.

I can't tell you exactly how many fonts I've installed, but I can tell you in my download Gimp font folder, I have

113 zip files containing fonts. Most contain one font, some contain 2 or more. I'd say probably in the order of 130-150 fonts,

and most are installed. Probably 80%.

Chris

• 18. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

You wrote

No, I've had the same vid card for 2 years, and

I couldn't tell you if it was when it updated as it's automatic,  I'm also positive it's not the video card driver because those

fonts (all of them) work perfectly in every other application. If it was that, then I would have the same issue other other

video applications, like Shadowplay, or DXTory, or VideoPad editor. This ONLY occurs in Premiere Elements 13.

I would not rule out the video card driver in the case of Premiere Elements 13/13.1 especially with the automatic driver updates for a before and after scenario.

What holds for Premiere Elements video editor does not necessary hold for other applications.

ATR

• 19. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                              chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hey,

Ok I rolled back the video driver. I had two choices. One after the problem developed and one before. I chose the one before for obvious reasons and

Adobe Premiere wouldn't run. Complained the driver was incompatible and told me to update my video driver. There were other drivers more recent,

but they are all after the problem developed so not much use. So now I'm back on the current driver.

Chris

• 20. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Did you ever apply deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file as part of your look at possible video card/graphics card problems in all this?

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

At this point, have thoughts surfaced concerning taking the computer back to the factory settings? That is a big commitment.

Did you have any success with creating a new (additional) user account with administrative privileges, installing and trying to run Premiere Elements from there?

ATR

• 21. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                  chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hi,

Deleting BadDrivers.txt did not resolve the issue. My computer is already at factory settings, I don't bother pushing it.

I made a new user account, set it to admin, installed fresh copy of APE and it still crashes when using Damn Noisy Kids font,

even though there's nothing wrong with the font.

• 22. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

I think that I recall at the earlier part of your thread that you mentioned that more and more fonts were progressively not working...maybe the Noisy Kids font the start of it all.

At this time, is that situation the same or is it now just the Noisy Kids font that is the one not working.

Please remain me...what happens if you uninstall and reinstall this Noisy Kids font? Any changes in its negative behavior after you do that, and does its removal improve the overall performance of the program/project?

I am going to be calling it a day...about 1 am here. I will revisit your thread in the morning morning.

ATR

• 23. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                      chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hi,

Thare are total of about 6 fonts that crash the program. 5 of those I've tried to use once. Damn Noisy Kids is a font I need to use, it's a core part of my channel.

I don't even know now what the other fonts are.

I don't know how to uninstall a font, never even thought about it. How do you do it?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

• 24. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for the update. I have not installed nor deleted fonts.

But, online, the one at the top of the list is doable

https://www.google.com/search?q=How+to+uninstall+a+font&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

at least path wise if you have Windows 7 64 bit.

Does the web site offering that font give any special instructions for installing it? I suspect that the one at the top of the Google Search pointed to will do the delete job.

I am very curious as to the core of this font issue.

ATR

• 25. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                          chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hey,

Thanks for the info. I thought that might work, it worked for DS Accent (which is one above Damn Noisy Kids font) but not for DNK font.

I also uninstalled Dancing Donuts font (but didn't reinstall it as it was causing crashing too. Now, DS Accent works fine though I don't

use it, it was just next to DNK. However DNK still crashes the editor even after deleting and reinstalling the font.

Most perplexing. The reason I like this font so much is I get more annotation clicks with it than any other font. lol So it tends

to work lol.

There was no extra install notes on any of these fonts. There were a couple of demo fonts on my system which I uninstalled.

Chris

• 26. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for the update.

Have you found any sort of relationship between the co-existence of the fonts, that is, are there any fonts that you can delete (leave deleted) and end up with the Noisy Kids font working?

ATR

• 27. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                              chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hey,

Good point. I'll go through them n let you know. On a side issue, be great if you're login remembered my username/password.

Chris

• 28. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for the update. I am hoping that we are getting closer to the solution for that Noisy Kid font.

What is happening with your Adobe Forums log-in? Good place to ask about that is the Adobe Comments Forums. That is where I go when

I am trying to understand an Adobe Forum's web happening.

Forum comments

ATR

• 29. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                                  chrisk39776543 Level 1

Still no resolution to this. I did the above but nothing changed. So it still crashes when I use those fonts.

• 30. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                                    Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have not read the thread but some fonts are known to cause issues.

Damn Noisy Kids is a font you download from the internet (or it came with another program, as I do not have the font on my system)

Might not want to use that font again and deinstall. (or remove from your system)

Also re-install Elements afterwards.

• 31. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                                      chrisk39776543 Level 1

Hi Ann,

Thanks.. I know this. The problem is, that that font is very important to my channel. I need it. This is why uninstalling it doesn't

solve the problem. Also the font works perfectly in every other application. Just elements decided one day it didn't like it

any more.

Chris

• 32. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                                        chrisk39776543 Level 1

Forum login is resolved.

However this issue with the font is still NOT resolved and I'm a little concerned I've not heard any more on it. If

you are unable to make any more suggestions, maybe you could point me to where I could submit a ticket or contact

tech support or something.

Chris

• 33. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                                          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Not something you want to here but I installed Damn Noisy Kids and PE13 will not crach.

• 34. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                                            chrisk39776543 Level 1

Yeh it is Damn Noisy Kids and it used to work fine in PE13, but suddendly one day it started crashing the program

everytime I select it. Reinstalling doesn't fix it. It's just that Damn Noisy Kids is an important font for my YouTube Channel,

so I need this resolved.

• 35. Re: Premiere Elements 13 CRASHING When Selecting FONTS
                                                                              chrisk39776543 Level 1

Do you have any further ideas of what could fix this?