1 2 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2016 12:58 PM by Ann Bens

PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay

HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

PE 13.1 on a WIN7 PC.

I'm having issues burning videos to BluRay.

My PC is equipped both with a DVD burner & a fairly new "LG" BluRay burner.

I've recently manged to burn DVDs - both directly from PE as well as creating an ISO file & using ImgBurn.

Yesterday I tried a BluRay - created an ISO file via Publish+Share => BluRay => Burn To: ISO Image (25 GB).

This created a 7.9 GB ISO file (took well over an hour to do this).

This morning I used ImgBurn to burn that ISO image to the BluRay - this it claimed to do and the "verify" process ran OK.

Unfortunatly our BluRay player attached to the TV recognised nothing, nor when I put the disc into the PC's BluRay

player did it find anything.

Looking at the surface of the disc one can see that about a third has been written to (starting at centre) which sounds reasonable.

So I thought I would try to burn directly from PE 13.1: Publish+Share => BluRay => Burn To: Disc

It finds the burner in the correct location but displays Status: Media Not Present although there is a disc in there.

Pressing the Rescan button has no apparent effect.

Thoughts?

• 1. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
          HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

AS a further test I put a commercially created BluRay disc into the PC's BluRay drive.

Although the mount point showed the correct name of the BluRay (proving it had read some data from the disc) the various

media players I have all claimed that they could not show the video as it was created in some way that they did not support.

This may be true (copy protection?) or it may mean that the drive is not cabled correctly inside the PC.

• 2. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
            HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

Further test - I inserted the DVD correctly burnt on the DVD drive yesterdayinto the BluRay burner/player & it mounted & played back correctly.

This would seem to indicate that the PC cabling is correct.

• 3. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Home-burned DVDs and BluRays use a different process to write their data than commercial discs. And not all home-burned DVDs and BluRays will work on all BluRay players.

Usually they'll work fine in computer disc players. And I assume your BluRay plays just fine on your computer. Unfortunately, some BluRay players are more compatible with home-burned discs than others.

• 4. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

ISO Image Problem

Your issue as described has nothing to do with the generalized concept of disc compatibility with player and has everything to do with a major flaw in the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 burn to ISO Image file size. An iso file over 1 GB produced by this version is not recognized by the player when that iso file is put on disc.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: ISO Image File Size Issue

The problem was corrected in 14/14.1, but never in 13/13.1.

Burn To Disc Problem

Different issue than that above. Media Not Present.

If worse comes to worse, an uninstall/free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts)/reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled).

This Media Not Present is a frequent nuisance, sometimes corrected with the uninstall/reinstall. What brand and type Blu-ray disc are you using - type BD-R or BD-RE 25 GB? Did you try more than one Blu-ray disc in your batch of Blu-ray discs?

Please consider, nothing to be done about the Blu-ray ISO Image...it is what it is. The Media Not Present needs work - may or may not be corrected.

ATR

Add On...If you do not have an Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher video card/graphics card, then remove the check mark next to the preference for it under Edit Menu/Preferences/General and "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)".

• 5. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                  HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

@Steve: Unfortunately the PC does not play the BluRay disk I burnt .

@ATR: Thats very unfortunate with the "major flaw"  with ISO image > 1GB (which for BluRay isn't very much).

Your linked item indicates that DVD ISO > 1GB works & that matches my recent experience with a 3 GB ISO image which burnt to DVD.

Its good to know that the issue is fixed with PE 14 but I've seen the string of issues being reported here so I'm not certain that its wise to jump ship yet.

PE sees the drive thus:

PE-BluRay.jpg

I only have a 25 disc-pack of Verbatim BD-R BluRay discs "25 GB 6x Speed".  I would have thought that Verbatim would be a quality brand....

As to onboard graphics card I do appear to have a > HD 2000 graphics card but it IS disabled as result of your advice in another thread of mine where I could not even get a DVD to burn / no ISO image created:

Devices.jpg

I'd rather avoid deinstalling & reinstalling (sounds a bit like a Microsoft joke involving closing & opening windows on a car).

• 6. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

Thanks for the follow up.

The preferences reads Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher. If you have Intel HD Graphics 4400 then you should be eligible for the Hardware Acceleration perk that comes with that preference enable (with check mark). But, to cover all angles, best to look at the burn to situation both ways, that is, preference enabled and disabled.

But, that does not necessarily impact the Media Not Present matter.

As for uninstalling the program as I described, it has worked for many, not all, and, if all else fails, it has a higher percentage for relevancy and success.

Do you have access to any other Blu-ray burner (internal or external)?

Note: I have not had any problems with Verbatim BD-R or BD-RE 25 GB or Vebatim BD-RE DL 50 GB and Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray disc.

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

• 7. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                      HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I only have the one BluRay burner that I recently purchased for this purpose.

I suppose that another tack would be to look for an alternative MP4 => BluRay burning program.

I the "old days" when we processed .AVI files with Pinnacle 10 we used a separate software (TMPGE DVD Author) to take one or more .MPG files & burn to DVD.

Hence I was looking for a software that would take .MP4 files and burn to DVD.

I though I had found one (see: http://www.leawo.com/knowledge/burn-mp4-videos-to-blu-ray.html )

and it seems easy to use BUT at the end you get a RED banner with messgae that "inactive creator modules creates 5 minute content only"

and to activate costs $39,95 (which of course was not mentioned in the above URL!).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a freeware alternative?

• 8. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

Have you done a Google Search for suggested freeware for "authorizing" Blu-ray disc format on a Blu-ray disc?

Online has many free burn to Blu-ray software, but from what I have read, the bottom line is that they do not provide the Blu-ray format structure (they do not author). Rather they will take an iso image to Blu-ray disc, free...essentially alternative to ImgBurn which will burn the iso to disc but will not does author the Blu-ray structure.

And we are not going to get a viable iso image (over 1 GB) from Premiere Elements 13/13.1 if we try to use this as the source of the Blu-ray .iso.

I will think about this some more during the day. But, maybe reconsider the uninstall/reinstall to get out of Media Not Present in Premiere Elements burn to.

ATR

• 9. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                          HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

Its clear that tools like ImgBurn do just that - burn images but they do not author.

ImgBurn can burn individual files - I tried that - but these appear to be data discs i.e. the PC can display the video but at least our BluRay player not.

Anyhow - I made an interesting discovery.  The Blu-Ray drive appears as drive G: on my WIN7 system (its WIN7-German)

So I looked at the properties (Eigenschaften) & the the Hardware tab & it lists the devices.  I highlighted the Blu-Ray in RED & the DVD drive in BLUE below.

Then I clicked on the Eigenschaften button & a new popup appears.  Under DVD-Region I saw that no region was selected (Aktuelle Region was empty).

So I now selected German & it entered Region 2 (same for UK etc).

BD-Properties.jpg

I then insert a blank BluRay disc & the following popup appears:

WIN7-NewBluRayDisc.jpg

Unsure what to do here - I just press Abbrechen = Cancel

Now when I tried this morning to get PR 13.1 to burn to disc it showed something like "Incompatible Media"

Unfortunately when I tried just now to repeat for this post its back to "Media not present"

• 10. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

Thanks for the update.

Just quick update for the moment. Did you do a restart of the computer after your changes?

Please remind me - is the other burner just DVD/CD whereas the other is Blu-ray DVD/CD? Does disabling the other burner have any impact on the burner that you want to use for the burn to Blu-ray disc in Premiere Elements?

Have you explored the idea of changing the drive letter of the Blu-ray burner drive? See Computer/Manage/Disc Management.

ATR

• 11. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                              HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

Just quick update for the moment. Did you do a restart of the computer after your changes?

Interesting question - I probably had not done so this morning when I first set the region (& got the "Incompatible Media" status) but I certainly had by this afternoon when we are back to "Media not present".

Please remind me - is the other burner just DVD/CD whereas the other is Blu-ray DVD/CD?

Yes - the original burner (drive E:) is a DVD burner which I had in a previous PC.  The Blu-Ray was added recently.

PE was able to burn to the DVD disc in this cofiguration a week ago successfully.

Does disabling the other burner have any impact on the burner that you want to use for the burn to Blu-ray disc in Premiere Elements?

No idea - how would I do that?

Have you explored the idea of changing the drive letter of the Blu-ray burner drive? See Computer/Manage/Disc Management.

Not so far - what would you suggest changing it to?

• 12. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

Not so far - what would you suggest changing it to?

******Suggestion is to change it to a letter toward the bottom of the alphabet - try the letter P.....that worked for me under similar circumstances recently.

******For disabling a burner, please try

Device Manager

DVD/CD-ROM Devices

name of burner

double click burner name to open to its properties

in its properties go to the driver tab and click on Disable

We will be watching for further news.

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                  HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

Today's experiment: BluRay drive letter changed to "P".

PE found the drive but staill claims "Media not Present".

• 14. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

Many thanks for the update. Sorry that the news was not better about getting rid of that Media Not Present for your Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray disc. That latest suggested solution was high on my list of probable solutions. Onward...

What is your present thinking on the uninstall/free ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled? That has worked for several with in Premiere Elements Media Not Present - burn to Blu-ray disc situation. Unfortunately, this is not one of these solutions that works for all Media Not Present situation. Did I ask already - any chance of borrowing an USB external Blu-ray burner to determine if that would work for your project for the burn to Blu-ray disc?

ATR

• 15. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                      HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I must say I'm not so keen on the uninstall/reinstall since it sounsd a bit like Hocus Pokus & a sprinkling of stardust.  One they other hand with Windows they say close & reopen...).

Having antivirus disabled sounds rather dangerous - our firewall is within a hardware router.

Have started a search to see if anyone I know has a USB Blu Ray burner but chances will be slim.

I was popinted to the following link but I think that basically what I described in my first post:

Planet Support Blog: Resolved: How to use Imgburn when Premiere Elements won't recognise your DVD and Blu-ray disks.

• 16. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOLMIKE

The uninstall reinstall is not a bit of hocus pokus and a sprinkling of stardust. It is the removal of possibly corrupt file (files) and replacement of it or them with new files. And, the uninstall reinstall approach to Media Not Found has lead to the resolve of the problem. But, it is your decision since I cannot give you a 100% guarantee that it will solve your Media Not Present issue. But, the approach does come with a good probability for success. No more said about that.

In Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and using your current Timeline content, can you get a successful burn to folder for your Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD burn to: Folder (4.7 GB)? If so, you could try to obtain that saved folder and take the folder's BDMV Folder into ImgBurn for placement on a Blu-ray disc. Then determine if your particular Blu-ray player will support its playback. I have reported the details of this alternative approach for several years when indicated.

Do you have a store from whom you make your electronic purchases, and does it have a return/refund policy if the product does not work for you? If so and if you cannot find someone from whom to borrow an external Blu-ray burner, you might consider purchasing an external Blu-ray burner and returning it if you still get the Premiere Elements Media Not Present issue for your burn to Blu-ray disc.

Lots to consider.

ATR

• 17. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                          HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I bought the LG Blu-Ray drive via Amazon back in June 2015.  I have no reason to believe at the moment that the drive is faulty.  It plays back DVD discs, it burns data onto Blu-Ray discs via ImgBurn & reads back correctly.

Search for an external Blu-Ray to borrow proceeds.

• 18. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELCHOMIKE

Thanks for the follow ups.

Please remind me, have we talked about download and installing the Premiere Elements 14 tryout to determine if you lose the Media Not Present issue. I emphasize for troubleshooting purposes only at this time. The plan is that it will point either to the version (13/13.1 vs 14/14.1) or the computer depending on the outcome.

Best wishes

ATR

• 19. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                              HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

1) I have located one person who believes he has an "old" external Blu-Ray burner in the office which he can first lay hands on next week.

2) We have not yet discussed trying PE 14/14.1.  You had mentioned that the flawed creation of ISO images for Blu-Rays was corrected with PR 14.

How would I best go about testing PE 14.1 in parallel to my 13.1 installation.  My C: drive (SSD) has sufficient space.

3) Today I disabled the DVD/CDrom burner on the PC & rebooted before tryinf PRE13.1 again to Blu-Ray but same issue "Media not present".

• 20. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

Good news that you may have located an external Blu-ray burner with which to work.

There should be no problem having Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14/14.1 installed on the same computer (both installed to the default Local Disk C location). Just use on program at a time.

Do not overlook a disc factor even though you are working with a reliable brand. Some flawed discs may have gotten distributed. I do not believe that to be the case, but, at this point, do not want to take anything for granted.

Once you get your results together on the above, then you can decide what solution is best for you.

Best wishes

ATR

• 21. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                  HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

There was the comment some time back on this thread that there was a fundamental flaw in that BluRay ISO images created by PE 13/13.1 larger than 1Gb were "bad" i.e. when the ISO image was burnt to BluRay it could not be played (this is true).

Today I created a short video (about 5 minutes long) and generated the BluRay ISO image which was just under 880 Mb in size.

I burnt this to a BluRay disc via the burner & ImgBurn and this played perfectly on the BluRay player attached to our TV.

Hence I conclude that the BluRay device in my PC functions OK.

I have downloaded PE 14 to test (with larger projects) but have not yet installed it.  To much real work....

• 22. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

Thanks for the important information confirming the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 burn to ISO Image issue when the .iso file generated is over about 1 GB.

As mentioned, the issue appears to be corrected in Premiere Elements 14/14.1. We will look forward to your 14 results also, as your time permits. As for procrastination, we will blame that on the time of the year.

Best wishes

ATR

• 23. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                      HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

Curses - today found a mail from Adobe that my PE 14 trial was about to expire & I haven't even installed it.  Seems the trail starts when downloaded

I downloaded on the 29th December which is exactly 28 days ago so I suppose I've no chance to do a test.

• 24. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

Are you sure about the trial starts when downloaded? Could be that the trial starts after download and install it and then click on the Start Trial button.

Best check with online Adobe Chat to get confirmation. Please try the following link

Contact Customer Care

This online Adobe Chat should support you with an answer to this question.

Please let us know the outcome.

The following can be found in Adobe document FAQ | Adobe Premiere Elements 14

The trial period begins on the first day that you launch the software and continues for 30 days (a counter appears each time you launch to help you keep track of the elapsed time). When the trial expires, you must purchase the software to continue using it.

Thanks and best wishes

ATR

• 25. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                          HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I had only downloaded - not installed or anything.

I would agree from the FAQ text you quoted that the trail would appear to run for 30 days from first use (which was why I wasn't in any hurry, particularly as we were doing a re-work on our US travel video).

Its curious that exactly 28 days after I downloaded (& onyl downloaded) PE14 I received a mail from "Adobe Systems Incorported"

stating "Your Premiere Elements 14 trial is ending. Make it yours today"

I'll try the Customer Care link you posted.

• 26. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

Thanks for the follow up.

That email from Adobe

Your Premiere Elements 14 trial is ending. Make it yours today

under your circumstances is not consistent with my reading of the Premiere Elements 14 FAQ document on the matter of when the tryout begins. It will be interesting to learn what online Adobe Chat has to say about this.

Best wishes

ATR

• 27. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

These emails are auto generated.

Has your trial actually ended?

• 28. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                                HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I dunno - I have not got around to installing it yet but dont want to do that work for nothing.  Day job got in the way!

• 29. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay

I think the program will run for 30 days from the day you install.

• 30. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                                    HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

So here are the results of contacting Abobe Customer Care chat...

1) They say that tthe trial is 30 days from installation date & that I should not have got that mail from Adobe.

2) I went on to discuss the issues with Burning videos => BluRays.  The claim is

that once one has created a ISO image it can be burnt to either DVD or BluRay.

They want me to create a BluRay ISO again.

• 31. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

In the likelihood that the length of this thread has contributed to readers missing posts 23 and 24 relating to the current question re: tryout, I will repeat this

The following can be found in Adobe document FAQ | Adobe Premiere Elements 14

The trial period begins on the first day that you launch the software and continues for 30 days (a counter appears each time you launch to help you keep track of the elapsed time). When the trial expires, you must purchase the software to continue using it.

ATR

• 32. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay

You dont have to repeat yourself.

• 33. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay

HOTELECHOMIKE wrote:

So here are the results of contacting Abobe Customer Care chat...

1) They say that tthe trial is 30 days from installation date & that I should not have got that mail from Adobe.

2) I went on to discuss the issues with Burning videos => BluRays.  The claim is

What if you made an AVCHD iso (as the file is smaller then 8.5) and burned that to a BD disk?

Hope you have some RE disks lying around.

• 34. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELCHOMIKE

Thanks for the Adobe confirmation related to what it wrote in its FAQ mentioned.

Looking forward to your confirmation on Adobe Support comment

I went on to discuss the issues with Burning videos => BluRays.  The claim is

Generalizing, an .iso image can be taken to a disc with 3rd party software.

Are they saying Premiere Elements Blu-ray .iso to DVD or Premiere Elements AVCHD .iso to DVD?

What is their message - Premiere Elements Blu-ray .iso image to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc with a program such as IMGBurn?

ATR

• 35. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                                              HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

AVCHD has not been mentioned in the chat discussion.  I was requested to create a BluRay ISO image again.  In progress.

• 36. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOLMIKE

Is the burn to Blu-ray ISO Image now in progress with Premiere Elements 13/13.1? If so, that is a no win situation.

Reminder, any Premiere Elements 13/13.1 burn to AVCHD or Blu-ray ISO Image iso file that is over about 1 GB file size will not be recognized at playback of it when it is put to disc.

The problem is corrected in Premiere Elements 14/14.1.

Did chat suggest a 13/13.1 correction for that? I have not seen one to date.

ATR

• 37. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                                                  HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I agree with you that it seems a bit pointless exercise.

I did mention that "forum experts stated that there was a major flaw in PE13/13.1 when creating BluRay ISOs & then burning to media eg via ImgBurn"

but he didn't respond to my statement

• 38. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                                                    HOTELECHOMIKE Level 1

I installed PE14, updated to 14.1 & started as "trial".

I had made a copy of the .prel file from my major project & via Publish+Share burnt directly to a BluRay drive.

PE14.1 immediately "found" my BluRay drive with state "ready" (my DVD drive is still disabled but I suspect that would not disturb).

It rendered for about 1/2 hour then burnt to the media.  At least on the PC I can play this back - has banner about this being trial installation

This proves that the BluRay drive is OK & that PE13.1 has a bug in that area.

Next test is to create an ISO image (>1GB)  from PE14.1 and to burn that via ImgBurn.

• 39. Re: PE 13.1: Problems burning to BluRay
                                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

HOTELECHOMIKE

Thanks for the update.

Regarding the tryout Adobe watermarks...not sure if we have discussed this in the past....

a. You cannot remove the Adobe watermark from the tryout's exports (whether saved to file or burn to disc).

b. But you can remove the Adobe watermark from the tryout's project file when that tryout project file is opened in the purchased product.

.....when tryout project file is opened in the purchased program, then Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files and then do the Timeline render.

Some of us have found that just opening the tryout project file in the purchased program removes the Adobe watermark.

As you have noted, major changes in the layout of the sharing area, now called Export & Share instead of Publish+Share name in 13/13.1.

Best wishes

ATR

1 2 Previous Next