1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 20, 2015 7:07 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 11 will not burn a DVD or create a folder: 'Adobe Premiere Elements DVD burn.exe' idles

beniw9254560

Hello,

I am desperately trying to create a DVD or folder image from a Premiere Elements 11. It did not work on my previous AMD-Win7Pro-rig and does not on my newly set up i7-Win10Pro-rig.

The encoding seems to work fine, but as soon as the actual burning or file creating should start, the bar freezes at 5% (DVD) or 2% (folder), and the 'Adobe Premiere Elements DVD burn.exe' process idles at about 15% CPU capacity (for HOURS... already tested that..)

The following trouble-shooting measures didn't work or don't apply:

- deactivating Intel HD Graphics (menu setting doesn't exist or I'm too ignorant to find it)

- removing the last menu stop marker in the timeline (seemed to do the trick for some people)

- burning to folder (same problem)

I installed the test version of Premiere Elements 14, hoping I could just create the DVD from there, but obviously I dont' want to have the "TEST VERSION" bar over the final product.

I don't intend to buy the latest full version. I bought the premiere package alongside with Lightroom (which I use fairly often) a few years ago, and just used it for this little side project now.

Any help is appreciated. I will gladly support you with technical data if needed. Bear with me, as I will be afk in the next few hours/day some time ('tis the season, after all...)

Many thanks in advance for your help!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 will not burn a DVD or create a folder: 'Adobe Premiere Elements DVD burn.exe' idles
          A.T. Romano Level 7

beniv

The "Use Hardware Acceleration  (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer) preference does not exist in Premiere Elements 11. It does in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14/14.1. When you met with successful burn to in 14/14.1, was this preference with or without check mark. By the book, it should have been without check mark. To enable or disable the preference in 14/14.1, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General. I am assuming that your Windows 7 and 10 are 64 bit.

Also, where did you get the project that worked in Premiere Elements 14/14.1 - as a new project in 14/14.1 or did you open the 11 project file in 14/14.1?

What version of QuickTime 7 was installed - Windows 7 and Windows 10? For Windows 7, use 7.7.8; for Windows 10 use 7.7.6.

Are you running the programs as administrator (from a user account with administrative privileges). In addition, have you right click the program's desktop icon and selected and applied Run As Administrator.

Where is Premiere Elements 11 now installed? Does this burn to issue exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?  Have you gone through the routine of

uninstall the usual control panel way

free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled?

Please consider, and then we can go through the above as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR