2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2009 5:18 AM by Gregory Lafrance

how to navigate to an external panel using action script

ramsbhk
      Hi I have developed a login screen using <mx:panel> and named it as LoginForm. After login credentials have been verified i need to navigate to other page contains <mx:panel > RegSuccess.mxml.
      ActionScript has been invoked after the validation of login credentials. How to navigate to other page from Action Script. Please help as am new to this Flex.
        • 1. Re: how to navigate to an external panel using action script
          Level 7

"ramsbhk" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gmecfi$iv$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi I have developed a login screen using <mx:panel> and named it as
          > LoginForm.
          > After login credentials have been verified i need to navigate to other
          > page
          > contains <mx:panel > RegSuccess.mxml.
          > ActionScript has been invoked after the validation of login credentials.
          > How
          > to navigate to other page from Action Script. Please help as am new to
          > this
          > Flex.

Put your components in a ViewStack and change the selectedIndex

• 2. Re: how to navigate to an external panel using action script
            Gregory Lafrance Level 6
            I have also created applications that use states along with navigation components like ViewStack.

I set the initial state to be the "login" state, and after successful login the state is changed to the "base" state with the ViewStack.

I personally prefer this because to me, the ViewStack used in this case should contain the "content" for my application, and the login component is merely a gateway of sorts. So I try to keep login out of my ViewStack.