1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 20, 2015 6:34 PM by A.T. Romano

Hi can anyone help me with Adobe Premiere Elements 14 issue reopening a saved file

Kidvid

The issue is after installing Adobe Premiere Elements 14 I started a project and saved it, so now when I try to reopen the project

it loads the premiere Elements 11 version instead of 14 but does not open instead open a error message saying

The project appears to be damaged, It can not be opened. Can anyone help me with this problem?

• 1. Re: Hi can anyone help me with Adobe Premiere Elements 14 issue reopening a saved file
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Kidvid

What computer operating system for Premiere Elements 14? Have you downloaded and installed the 14.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

There is no guarantee that a project file created in an earlier version can be opened in a later one. As a safety net, best try such things using a copy of the project file from earlier version.

Do you still have Premiere Elements 11 installed on the same computer with Premiere Elements 14/14.1?

Where is the Premiere Elements 11 source media? After you saved, closed the 11 project file, did you move, delete, or rename files and folders that were imported into the project? Where do you store source media - on external hard drive? If so, has the drive letter of the external hard drive changed? Are disc menus part of the 11 project?

Please review the Adobe document on troubleshooting damaged projects to determine if any of its content applies to your situation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/troubleshoot-damaged-projects-premiere-elemen ts.html

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR