0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2015 9:14 PM by ralphbsz

Creating both a DVD and multiple short (youtube-style) clips in one go?

ralphbsz

I've used Premiere Elements (in my case version 11) many times to create short video clips, 3-5 minutes in length.  They all start with a recording from a video camera, often cutting and pasting, adding still images or freeze frames, sometimes overlaying different audio, adding spoken commentary, adding titles, fading in an out.  Lots of work, but some practice it can get done.

This time I have to do something trickier.  I have a long recording (over 2 hours), which is the video of the Christmas concert of an amateur band.  I want to turn it into as movie-length DVD, fundamentally replacing the audio with a high-quality version. The only new skill is adding scene selection menu entries, not a problem.  But: I also want to be able to export the same content as a set of about 20 short video clips, in a format suitable for uploading to youtube.  That's because some people will want to watch the concert as a full-length DVD, while others are interested in just a piece here or there.

How can I use fundamentally the same editing work for two separate purposes, with minimal overlap?  The brainless way would be to create a large set of separate Elements projects, one for the full-length DVD, and then one each for every piece, and do all the editing twice.  Sounds very wasteful.  Better ideas?