Please try to update the Drivers and check if it helps.
As we have not tested Lightroom with such an old GPU so it might or might not work.
Thanks - I have updated the driver but it still does not work - the acceleration is still disabled.
Looks like I need a new graphics card for Christmas!
Please make sure the new graphic card met the following requirements:
- 1 GB of VRAM (Video RAM, or RAM on the video adapter). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM is suggested for large, high-resolution (such as 4K and 5K) monitors.
- OpenGL 3.3. If you're not sure if OpenGL 3.3 is fully supported by your card, contact the manufacturer.
Note: Use only one graphics card. Performance isn't enhanced with multiple cards.
- For AMD cards, consider using the Radeon R9 series of cards, such as the R9 270 thru 290.
- For NVIDIA cards, consider using a card from the GeForce GTX 760+ line (760, 770, 780, ...) or from the GeForce GTX 900 series.
- For Intel cards, 4400 or later is required.