1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 12:34 PM by A.T. Romano

audio cutting off / going out of sync

jackh4560

So if I upload some clips to my flash drive and put them on my computer, look at them in the organizer and the audio and everything is fine, then move them to the video editor, I watch them and the majority of the clips only have half of the audio. It just cuts off after half of the clip. And just the other day I moved a few over and once it got to a specific point in the clip it would keep playing but the audio started over from the beginning so it was out of sync. So I deleted the project and went back to the organizer and started a new project, and it did the exact same thing in the exact same spot. This is preventing me from using any of my footage's original audio and forcing me to put a song or music over it.

• 1. Re: audio cutting off / going out of sync
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jackh4560

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

What are the properties of the video files that you are importing into the Premiere Elements project? Brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video? What happens if you import these files from their hard drive save location directly into Premiere Elements with Premiere Elements' Add Media or Get Media/Files and Folders/?

When you import these videos into the Premiere Elements, do you see any conforming activity going on in the lower right corner of the workspace? If so, do you wait for that to go to completion before you continuing in the project - dragging the file to the Timeline track?

Let us start here, and then decide what next.

ATR