23 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2016 3:40 AM by sams93107202

Cannot choose Adobe Digital Editions as my acsm default

katieb67472735 Level 1

I have been trying to download books from my local library to Adobe Digital Editions. I was prompted to update to version 4.5 last week and did so. Prior to this, I had no problems downloading the books. Since then I have not been able to download to Adobe. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times and with three different versions of Adobe Digital Editions. I have been directed by my local library to go to Default Programs and reset the ascm. For whatever reason, my computer will allow me to choose any other program on my computer except Adobe Digital Editions. I cannot select Adobe Digital Editions as the program to download to book to.  I've tried other programs such as Calibre and my computer will allow me to set the acsm for Calibre. However, my library does not format books for that program, so Adobe Digital Editions is my only option. I've been working at this for about five days and don't know what to do. Hopefully someone can help me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a lot of books I want to read over the holidays