5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2015 10:29 AM by A.T. Romano

buzz when i burn on DVD

sunchick116

so i've been editing and burning some files and there's absolutely NO BUZZ when i'm editing the file in adobe premiere, but after it's been burned and i play it on my tv, there's a huge buzz. it's very annoying. can someone help with this?

• 1. Re: buzz when i burn on DVD
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sunchick116

What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system?

What are you doing - burn to DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc?

What are the properties of the files on the Timeline for the burn to?

What kind of player are you using for the content on your DVD discs - regular DVD player or Blu-ray DVD player?

Do you get this buzz

a. if you do the disc content playback on computer?

b. if you do the disc content playback on another player?

Are you using paper labels for your DVD discs?

If you repeat the project burn to, does the same problem exist?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: buzz when i burn on DVD
            sunchick116 Level 1

premiere elements 8 on a windows 7. burn to dvd-video standard. regular players. no buzz on computers, only dvd players. no labels. currently in the middle of a second try.

• 3. Re: buzz when i burn on DVD
              A.T. Romano Level 7

sunchick116

Thanks for exploring the troubleshooting suggestions.

We will be watching for further results.

Another possibility is looking at the results from a burn to folder followed by taking the VIDEO_TS Folder from that saved folder to DVD-VIDEO Standard on DVD disc using the free ImgBurn software. Then you would determine if the regular DVD players still played back the disc with the buzz.

ATR

• 4. Re: buzz when i burn on DVD
                sunchick116 Level 1

what does that mean?

also when i import files, sometimes they lose sound in premiere, but they play fine on their own on my computer.

• 5. Re: buzz when i burn on DVD
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

sunchick116

Thanks for the request for clarification for post 3 suggestion.

I was just trying to get comparative information on the problem - how the DVD-VIDEO on DVD was put together might influence matters - all in Premiere Elements or Premiere Elements to produce the important structural component VIDEO_TS Folder and then having ImgBurn put that VIDEO_TS Folder on the DVD disc to get your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

Until now we were in search of why the buzz in your Premiere Elements DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc playback. But, now you include in your problem situation losses of audio on import. That is going to open a new path in the troubleshooting. We will need to go into the properties of what you are importing to the Timeline of these projects and what your project settings are.

Also, generally for users of 8.0....

a. Are you running the program from the 8.0.1 Update?

b. Do you have the automatic background rendering and autoanalyzer features disabled?

Please consider. Do not hesitate to ask if you need further clarification on this matter.

ATR