The 150:30 error is typically associated with a Licensing issue. Please refer to the following Adobe document to determine if any of the content can help you.
As your schedule permits, we will be watching for your progress.
Please consider and supply details.
Add On...are you keeping to the usual Premiere Elements 8 drill
a. working from 8.0.1 Update?
b. automatic background rendering feature and autoanalyzer feature disabled?
c. does problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?
Thanks. The Licensing Recovery got me past that error code. Now I am back to the problem I have had in the past. When I try to start a new or existing project, nothing happens. I enter the project name in the dialog box, the dialog box disappears and then I sit. I have the grey work area and the main PE menu bar but no other windows open.
Yes, I have updated to 8.0.1. I don't know how to address the other two suggestions.
Great news getting rid of the 150:30 error code. Well done.
1. For an existing project, go directly to the hard drive save location for that project. Right click the project file (project.prel), select Open With, followed by Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0. Does 8.0/8.0.1 open to the Editor's workspace?
2. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and remove the check mark next to the preference relating to Background Rendering. That will disable that preference which is a notorious resource grabber and problem causer.
3. In the Premiere Elements Editor, go to the Elements Organizer workspace. In the Elements Organizer workspace, go to Edit Menu/Preference/AutoAnalzyer Options/ and disable all the options in the dialog that appears after you click on AutoAnalzyer.
4. Find the Antivirus's program controls and disable the option for Real Time Protection. For Firewall, see Control Panel/System and Security/Windows Firewall. Leave this "4" for last if you are not certain about doing this. We will go over this in more details depending on how the other suggestions turn out.
Thanks for the follow ups. Appreciated.
Thanks for the additional steps
1) I tried that on several existing projects and none of them would work. After right clicking and selecting OPEN, the PE loading/initialization window would pop up. It would go through the loading of files (It says Version 8.0). Then it would open the PE program and again all that shows up is the main menu bar and a grey screen; no other project windows open.
2 and 3) I'm not able to do because I am not able to open a project.
4) I'm trying to figure out how to do that.
Just to make sure....when you got to the gray screen, did you click on the File Menu/New/Project to get the new project dialog and set your project preset?
Was File Menu completely non responsive?
When Adobe created the 8.0.1 Update for 8.0, it did not include a 8.0.1 designation in the updated program.
You do not have to have Premiere Elements 8.0 open in order to install the 8.0.1 Update. At this point in time, even if you could, there would most likely be a problem with the within program Help Menu/Updates way. So, please try to download and install the 8.0.1 Update from the following link. And, then try to get Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 to open to its workspace.
If you have not already, please confirm that your computer video card/graphics card driver version is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?
Also, consider deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.
Local Disk C
and in the 8.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.
Please consider the above.