• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error downloading RoboHelp 8 trial

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to download the trial version of RoboHelp 8 for three days. Every time I start the download, I get the following: It says it's Connecting, then Initializing, then Pausing. And then I see the following message: The server returned an error. Would you like to retry?"

Why is this happening? I sent a message to Adobe support asking for help, but have not received a reply.

Has anyone else successfully downloaded the trial version?

Thank you,
Kathleen Baine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathleen.

Is the error in the Download Manager? If so, yes I have seen this before. I got around it by trying the download from my home PC. I found that for some reason (network traffic?) it just didn't work in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I want to download it to my PC at the office. I took my office PC home last night to do that, but could not connect. I'll try again.

If I download it to my home PC, I then have to try to copy it all to a CD or flash drive and put it on my office PC. It's 660 MB, and I fear that in doing that, I will somehow miss some files necessary to its download or installation.

Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the downloaded files are located in a handy folder that you can copy to a CD or flash drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that tonight at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Firefox instead of IE.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried loading it in FireFox, and got the following message: "Download integrity is invalid. try to download a fresh copy of the URL." So, I hit retry, and it connects, initializes, and then I get the error again. It happens over and over.

I was able to easily download the Captivate trial, so I know my laptop allows downloads.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey K - are you stalking me? I literally just did the same exact things, and the exact same things happened. My incredibly boorish, self-centered and lazy IT guy wouldn't take three minutes out of his busy day to shut down everyone's internet access but mine so I could download the file, so I am going to try again after hours. What nerve!!!! Doesn't he know this company would flail and flounder without a happy me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would shutting down everyone else's Internet access at your company help you download the file? Is it because it's so large? 660 MB is a lot to download. I figure if I ever get it to download, it's going to take several hours to download.

Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm kidding, dear!
(no one gets me.....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All together guys...

We love you, even if the dumb IT guy doesn't.

Stillettos tomorrow and tread on his feet, that'll get his attention.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to be a fun killjoy guys, but this isn't helping me download RoboHelp 8.

It would be nice if someone from Adobe would visit this forum or reply to my support email and offer some help. An overnight of a CD with the software would be most welcome, since downloading seems to be impossible. I can't believe that so many people are trying to download it that the traffic is too high. I'm not a very happy potential customer right now.

Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well excuse me!

Colum explained that downloading at home does not exclude anything you need. It's not like installing over the internet, you are just downloading the install files.

I suggested Firefox as it is sometimes better for downloading than IE.

As you can see at the bottom of this page, these forums are not part of the official Adobe support, they are for users to help each other, and sometimes we enjoy a little joke in the process.

I cannot say why Adobe have not responded to your email. That is something you will have to resolve with them. Try what has been suggested first and if there are still problems, post back here. We usually solve people's problems even if it takes a few attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathleen

Did you manage to download the trial from home?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2009 Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes. Finally at 9:00 last night, I was able to get it to download and install. I fired it up this morning. I'm going to be creating a test project in it today.

Thanks for asking,
Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp