5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2015 5:17 PM by Akash Sharma

lightroom mobile is too large on iPad (6GB)

sighphoto

How do I reduce the size of the lr app on IOS?  It is over 6 gb and I am constantly running out of space.  I only have 3 catalogs selected which should only be the items showing up.... instead it seems to be syncing all of my images over the past 1 year  25k plus which is my guess of the large size of the app on my iPad.  How do I reduce the size that is syncing on my devices?

• 1. Re: lightroom mobile is too large on iPad (6GB)
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi sighphoto,

• Open Lightroom on your Desktop and check how many Collections are getting Synced.

Image result for lightroom mobile sync collections

• Check how many Pictures have been uploaded.Open Lightroom>>Preferences>>Lightroom mobile.Check Uploads

Lightroom for Mobile Preferences

• Also check if Auto import is Enabled(Adding images from Camera Roll automatically and increasing App size)

I only have 3 catalogs selected which should only be the items showing up..

You could only sync 1 catalog at a time with Lr mobile.

Regards

Akash

• 2. Re: lightroom mobile is too large on iPad (6GB)
            sighphoto Level 1

Thanks for the info and screen shots.  I have 3 collections out of 50 showing that they are syncing.  There are 26,000 images synced right now and auto add is switched off and greyed out.  It looks like those 26,000 images are causing the size of the app to grow but I can not figure out how to stop all of those images from syncing anymore.

• 3. Re: lightroom mobile is too large on iPad (6GB)
              • Those 26000 images are currently Syncing adding to Lightroom mobile data.
              • You could pause Lightroom desktop to  stop syncing these images
              • Click the Pause button in Identity plate.

Click Activity Center

To Prevent all collections to start syncing again when you will enable sync in future ,Just click on the icon on all 50 Collections to disable sync(highlighted with red circle in the screenshot below)

Image result for lightroom mobile sync collections

For new collections in future:-

Make sure to uncheck "Sync With Lightroom Mobile" when you create a new collection.

This will not start syncing the new collection automatically.

New Collection sync options

To delete the 6 gb space being occupied by Lr on your Phone.You need to delete the uploaded data.

Regards

Akash

• 4. Re: lightroom mobile is too large on iPad (6GB)
                sighphoto Level 1

Only 3 of my collections are showing that they are syncing.  How do you delete the synced data and just leave the three colletions?

• 5. Re: lightroom mobile is too large on iPad (6GB)

You can delete the synced data by renaming the Sync.lrdata File to Sync.lrdata.old

You can find the sync.lrdata file here:

• On Mac it's at /Users//Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata
                  • On Win it would be at C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

Once done Restart Lightroom should try to reconcile your local synced data and the cloud synced data.

You could then start syncing your collections again.

Regards

Akash