2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 10:11 PM by jam1968

missing cr2 files from lightroom, but they are still on the hard drive

jam1968

Tried uninstall/reinstall version 5.5 and 5.7

It's only happing with a few folders

Tried new Catalog

When I reimport them it dims the file like a duplicate until I tell it to allow duplicates.

Lightroom show the files in the Archive folders, I think this is the issue.

• 1. Re: missing cr2 files from lightroom, but they are still on the hard drive
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi jam,

Greetings!!

What Happens  when you Synchronize the Folder in Lightroom?

65544.PNG

Where are those Folders located?

Lightroom show the files in the Archive folders, I think this is the issue.

Could you post a screenshot of that same.

Regards

Akash

• 2. Re: missing cr2 files from lightroom, but they are still on the hard drive
            jam1968 Level 1

I think I got it, it was poorly documented feature.

When Importing, you are given the option to create another copy of the raw file as a backup.

I recently did the online update to 5.7 and it did an uninstall of 5.5 then installed 5.7 rather than just append the updated files.

During this it must have updated the catalog with the backup/archive folder. Once it did I could no longer see my CR2 file where they should have been.

To fully resolve this I'm going to have to move the archive a location outside of the pictures folder and reimport the missing folders.

Sync did not work for me.. I suggest to all is to ensure your backup/archive is not in the pictures folder.