8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 5:40 AM by A.T. Romano

Are Premiere Elements Discs and Serial Numbers Region Locked?

Waveharp87

I am thinking of buying Premiere Elements 14 from amazon since I buy a lot of stuff on there. The problem is that I am from Australia and I would technically be buying a US copy. So I was wondering if the discs and the serial numbers are region locked? Would a US copy work for me if I live in Australia? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Are Premiere Elements Discs and Serial Numbers Region Locked?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Waveharp87

You can create disc for different geographically areas from your choice of NTSC or PAL within the program.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Project settings and presets

And, it is my understanding that Premiere Elements does not produce region coded discs in the burn to process.

If you purchase the English version program, at installation you can set country and language.

Until proven otherwise, provided you met System Requirements and had a purchased serial number, Adobe Premiere Elements 14/14.1 English version should work for you using  DVD disc or Blu-ray disc. However, it is a good idea to download and install the free 30 days tryout of Premiere Elements 14 to determine its compatibility with your computer environment and project goals.

Are you planning on purchasing a download of the program or the program with installation discs in box packaging?

Please consider. This is not Adobe, rather essentially a user to user forum. For further information about sales to your region of the country, please check the fine print in the description from the seller.

ATR

• 2. Re: Are Premiere Elements Discs and Serial Numbers Region Locked?
            Waveharp87 Level 1

I am planning on purchasing the installation discs in box as the download link is only available for US customers. The discs ship to my region and it never said that the discs only work for US customers so I assumed that they would work for me however, I just wanted to make sure. Also, I have the free trial on my computer and it works very well. Thanks for your help

• 3. Re: Are Premiere Elements Discs and Serial Numbers Region Locked?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Waveharp86

Sounding good. Thanks for the reply.

I have not gotten involved with Amazon selling and shipping Adobe product outside the USA, so I cannot give you a first hand alert for any glitches in what looks like a straight forward sale and use..

Has Amazon Customer Service been able to confirm the details of what you plan to order. At the Amazon web site, I see no indication that it is selling an Adobe Premiere Elements 14 program modified by Amazon for sale and shipment.

As your schedule permits, please update us on your progress.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Are Premiere Elements Discs and Serial Numbers Region Locked?
                Waveharp87 Level 1

Hi A.T. Romano,

Thanks for all your help. When I did some research on serial numbers, I found that a common error error that people get is "Oops! This card was purchased in a country that doesn't match your Adobe ID". So I decided to give the sales team a call (got bounced around like 4 times) and one of their representatives confirmed that for the most part, Adobe products are region locked. He couldn't give me an answer on whether Premiere Elements was region locked specifically but he said that it most likely was and that it would be a better idea to purchase the product from an Australian retailer.

• 5. Re: Are Premiere Elements Discs and Serial Numbers Region Locked?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Waveharp87

Thanks for the update with that interesting news.

There must be at least one person in Australia who uses Premiere Elements and who visits this forum and who has faced the situation that you are facing.

If even Adobe Sales could not tell you if Premiere Elements installation discs were region locked, it is safer to buy through the Australian retailer as suggested by the Adobe Sales representative to avoid getting stuck with a product that you could not use. But, consider getting more information if there is an advantage to you wanting to purchase as you originally described. I would be curious to learn what Amazon as well as your Australian retailer has to say about this.

If we can get further information on this for you, we will let you know.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Are Premiere Elements Discs and Serial Numbers Region Locked?
                    Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hello, I am from New Zealand but live in Uganda currently!!

There will be no problem with the disk being readable but the serial numbers are for local use.

The easiest thing for you to do is to purchase through Adobe.com and download from the Adobe site as well.

Purchase locally.....

Thanks ATR for the heads up....

Seasons Greetings everyone from Uganda!!

• 7. Re: Are Premiere Elements Discs and Serial Numbers Region Locked?
                      Waveharp87 Level 1

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing if purchasing it through amazon didn't work. Thanks for the info.

• 8. Re: Are Premiere Elements Discs and Serial Numbers Region Locked?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Geoff

Many thanks for the important Serial Number Region Locked information for Waveharp87 and for others in a similar situation as faced by Waveharp87.

Best wishes for the holidays and always.

ATR