2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2009 1:33 PM by bjp106

How to take a screenshot or save current frame as a picture?

Question for the experts! Maybe we don't need experts?

I have a simple director project that displays Economic modules like supply and demand, inelastic, elastic, etc. I have it to where the user can drag, rotate, and move objects to where they'd like on the Stage.

Is there a feature to SAVE current frame as a picture or create a screenshot? The person who is gonna use this module is an economics instructor and I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for him.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: How to take a screenshot or save current frame as a   picture?
          Level 7
          The stage has an image property "the stage.image"

You can apply this image to a cast member, then export that cast member
          as a bitmap (or jpeg, etc) using an Xtra. Sharp has a free one
          http://www.sharp-software.com/products/#sharpexport but if you have D11
          I am not sure if it is compatible. If you do use D11 you'll have to look
          for a supported image export Xtra.

You could also use the FileIO xtra, so that the user can browse to a
          location where they want to save the exported image and give it whatever
          filename they want.

bjp106 wrote:
          > Question for the experts! Maybe we don't need experts?
          >
          > I have a simple director project that displays Economic modules like supply
          > and demand, inelastic, elastic, etc. I have it to where the user can drag,
          > rotate, and move objects to where they'd like on the Stage.
          >
          > Is there a feature to SAVE current frame as a picture or create a screenshot?
          > The person who is gonna use this module is an economics instructor and I'm
          > trying to make this as easy as possible for him.
          >
          > Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
          >
          • 2. Re: How to take a screenshot or save current frame as a   picture?
            Level 1
            Thanks Dave! I'll look into this more. And yes I am using Director 11, so I'll test it out