5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2015 9:59 AM by A.T. Romano

Audio not downloading in Add Media Elements 13.

S.Nadeau

I exported from Elements 13 (HDTV 1080p, tv standard NTSC) and it plays correctly, with audio. Importing that video into a new project, suddenly only the video is importing. It happened a few days ago as well, with every video I tried importing, even after re-starting the program. It eventually resolved, but I still don't know the cause of why it stopped and how it corrected.  Any ideas about cause? Right now I'm back to not being able import the audio portion when I add a video to Add Media in a new project. ( expert mode), the video appears to be in Add Media, but only video will add to the timeline

• 1. Re: Audio not downloading in Add Media Elements 13.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

S.Nadeau

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

Several routine things to check

1. Have you checked the project's ASIO settings - Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware and its ASIO settings (Input & Output)?

2. What workspace are you working in, Expert or Quick? For now, I will assume Expert. Are all your tracks in the opened configuration?

And, if you play back what you can see is on the Timeline, is there any sound heard?

3. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, the delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Again, presuming a Windows computer.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, in the 13.0 Folder, is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the whole path given. Restart the computer.

What is the source of the problem files? And, how are you importing them into the new project?

When you said that last time the problem resolved itself after a computer restart, do you recall the immediate troubleshooting that you had done just prior to restarting the computer in that instance?

Let us start here, and then decide what next based on the details in your reply. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Audio not downloading in Add Media Elements 13.
            S.Nadeau Level 1

Yes I am working in Expert mode. I have an iMac.

I misled you about it resolving after restarting the computer.  I was not able to access the help forums, I was getting redirect messages (it turns out that I needed to change my forum name and this resolved it) but I had Apple helping me with that problem, so the changes I made had to do more with clearing my history etc., not with the program settings in Elements. I am in the middle of several projects, creating chapters from longer videos by making a new project and deleting around the chapter. I’m not sure what I did before I noticed the audio portion started importing again.

What should the ASIO setting say, it is set on Built-In output

• 3. Re: Audio not downloading in Add Media Elements 13.
              S.Nadeau Level 1

Yes the Video and Audio track are open, there is no sound because only the video physically loaded.

I have hundreds of files in the 13.0 folder, so I can’t clear universally.

I tried starting it as a new project and it still uploaded in Add Media but only the video will show up on the timeline.

The video file  is from an Elements project, exported in HDTV1080p, TV standard NTSC, no problem playing it. And I’ve done it hundreds of times previously, so I don’t understand why it started happening now.

• 4. Re: Audio not downloading in Add Media Elements 13.
                S.Nadeau Level 1

Sorry, not hundreds of files, but probably 80 files,in my adobe premiere elements auto-save

• 5. Re: Audio not downloading in Add Media Elements 13.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

S.Nadeau

Thanks for the replies.

No sure what your exports "TV standard NTSC" are? For now I will assume that you mean Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = Presets = NTSC DV Widescreen and that is supposed to come with Dolby Digital Stereo. Similarly, If your exports are from Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = HDTV 1080p 29.97 High Quality, the audio is expected to be Dolby Digital Stereo.

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements?

Have you checked for audio codecs on your computer? I have read somewhere that you can do that on Mac using HD/LibraryQuickTime folder.

Also, delete the Media Cache Files Folder with all the conformed audio. The consequences will be that the program will automatically generate the conformed audio again when and if needed. What are you doing with that many AutoSaves? Might be a sign for clean up in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder, Media Cache Files Folder, and the Adobe Premiere Elements Auto-Save Folder.

For the moment, forget about these exports from other Premiere Elements projects and trying to import them with sound into another Premiere Elements project.....instead import some H.264.mp4 files with AAC or Dolby Digital Stereo audio with video and audio components into a new project. Does the audio import with the video?

ATR