6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2009 10:54 AM by ranger

Preview button in cfform

ranger Level 1
      Much as the submission form on this site, i want to open a pop-up preview window so visitors can check content before posting....

shown is the code that i use for non-form instruction pop-up windows thruout the site...

i think code has to be inside cfform tag so all content is displayed in pop-up window

tnx in advance

• 1. Re: Preview button in cfform
          Dan Bracuk Level 5
          It would be a lot easier to post to a page that displays whatever you want them to see along with something else they can select in order to complete whatever it was they are doing.
          • 2. Re: Preview button in cfform
            ranger Level 1
            Dan Bracuk,

the form you used, on this forum, to reply to my message has a "Preview" button that displays your content in a pop-up window... i just need to know the code to do the same on my site...

tnx
            • 3. Re: Preview button in cfform
              Dan Bracuk Level 5
              You could start by viewing the source code for this page.
              • 4. Preview button in cfform
                ranger Level 1
                Dan Bracuk,

i don't know who you are but seems when i often put up a question, i get a series of replies from you that are of no use.

i have been looking at the code as i can get from view source and have not found the answer. if you know where i can actually download the cfm original pages, please point me there...

tnx in advance
                • 5. Re: Preview button in cfform
                  Dan Bracuk Level 5
                  This didn't give you any hints?

<input type="button" class="submit" name="Preview" value="Preview" onClick="winopen('prevmsg.cfm?formname=quickreplyfrm','previewmsg','710','500');" />
                  • 6. Re: Preview button in cfform
                    ranger Level 1
                    Dan Bracuk,

thank you for your reply...

I tried your tag... error on page. all versions below. yes, did give name form as to your specs. one note is that form is in an iframe but even when i loaded as "top" still same problem

also tried retagging cfform, form

tried

<input name="Preview" type="button" value="Preview" onClick="MM_callJS('winopen(\'prevmsg.cfm?formname=quickreplyfrm','previewmsg','710','500 ');')">

<input name="Preview" type="button" onClick="MM_callJS('winopen(\'prevmsg.cfm formname=quickreplyfrm\',\'previewmsg\',\'710\',\'500\');')" value="Preview">

<input type="button" class="submit" name="Preview" value="Preview" onClick="winopen('prevmsg.cfm?formname=quickreplyfrm','previewmsg','710','500');" />

---------------and put this in the head--------------------

function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
                    window.open(theURL,winName,features);
                    }

see page as written without popup code below

note that js is not my forte and use dreamweaver to write most of it for me

tnx again

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------