1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 22, 2015 3:05 PM by Dov Isaacs

Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 font issues

Nata8

Adobe Acrobat Professional 8:

Issue 1: It is not allowing me to edit text. I have a form in (Arabic language) but when I choose the edit text tool as soon as I start typing, it says that it does not have this font and switches the font to characters. If I use the typewriter tool, it allows me to type in Arabic language but only at the end of a paragraph meaning if I want to add text in between existing text, I can not adjust the space.

Issue 2: I am not sure if this issue is related to issue 1 but I get an error message when I try to create a pdf saying that pdf maker files are missing.

Note: I would appreciate quick help as I am working on edits that need to be finalized before the end of the month. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 font issues
          Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

Most likely, the first issue is that the text you are trying to edit is formatted in a font that you don't have installed on your system. In order to edit existing text in a PDF file, you must have the font of that text installed on your computer, regardless of whether the font is embedded in the PDF file itself.

The second issue is totally unrelated. Note that Acrobat 8's PDFMaker facility doesn't support any reasonably modern version of Microsoft Office.

- Dov